Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A little more background

Well first of all I need to thank Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for giving me my first comment!  I admire her so much and her comment was so nice to receive as she's always been one of my favorites.  I'm so happy you will forever be my first comment dear Lady.

I know I'm late to this blogging game and embarrassed to say I really only discovered blogs and reading them a couple of years ago.  I know I have a lot yet to figure out but it will be fun learning as I go to make this a proper blog in my eyes.  As many  others I have read share: blogging is so nice for keeping a "scrapbook" of sorts to look back on later.

I thought I'd put myself out there and share a little bit more about me and my family.  I grew up in the northwoods of Wisconsin and have lived here all of my life.  I received a degree in social work and worked in that field for almost 9 years before I made the decision to be a stay at home mom with my son who was 3 at the time.  I worked primarily in long term care with older adults with dementia.  I guess it was sort of fate how that was my population of choice as now my mother-in-law has dementia issues and I help to care for her as well. 

A bit more about my family...

 
I have an 8 year old and a 14 year old.  They both love sports and play soccer and hockey. My daughter has also done gymnastics and volleyball and plays the piano.  My son plays video games. Did I mention I have a teenager?? Ha!
 

 
These photos are obviously from a professional photographer we had done last year and not from my amateur abilities. As you can see we also have a sweet doggie named Ruby. I'm married to my wonderful red-haired and freckled hubby of 19 years. Did I mention red hair is my favorite?? We met at 15 and have been together since we were 16 so that's 28 years now. Wow!  He's my best friend in the whole world and I'm so grateful to God for all of my blessings.
 
So I think that's enough about me! Here's a few more shots of our back yard.  It's all snowy now, but since this a "getting to know me" kind of post I thought I would share a few more pics of my home I already have on file. 
 


 
These are still from earlier this Fall but as you can see we're on the end of the bay and we have a dock and a boat we love to use in the summer.  I love our northwoods and think it's such a beautiful area.
 



 
Thought these pictures would show a little clearer the front of our house as the Halloween ones were dark.  We have a family room for watching t.v., but our bigger living room is one of my favorite rooms in our house.  It's full of a wall of window looking at the bay so gets tons of natural light.  We have a big marble fireplace that takes up a whole wall that I love to decorate for the seasons.
 
I think this is quite lengthy enough going on about myself, but I'm so excited to invite you into my little northwoods and hope you feel like you know me a little better now. 
 
Next post I will share a bit about my love of scrapbooking and some ideas there.
God bless until then...

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are stunning; both the professional ones and the ones you took yourself. I found your blog while reading CozyLittleHouse. Brenda is inspiring isn't she? Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sweet compliments and please come visit often! It's SO appreciated!! xo

      Delete
  2. Good grief!! I'm so jealous! Everything is gorgeous!! Family, home, surroundings! Got a spare room?!
    I wish you well with blogging...its a great community. I would love to write on my blog but 2 things hinder me...1: poor internet (I live in the country!) and 2: I have tempory custody of my grandson, trying to adopt..so keeping our family business on the down low so to speak!
    I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - Tina...thank you and you're so sweet! I completely understand about the blogging thing for you and it sure sounds like you have a full plate already. What a blessing you must be to your grandson. Please come visit often and we can chat here! ;) God bless.

      Delete