Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Saying good bye to Fall

Hi my name is Carrie. Well after reading the blogs of others for quite sometime, and enjoying them immensely, I thought I would try blogging myself!  In this blog I plan to share many of the things I have been interested in the blogs that I love to cozy up to and read.

I'm a stay-at-home Mom of 2 kids.  I'm married to my high school sweetheart and so I love all things family and homemaking such as cooking, baking and decorating.  So I plan to share bits of my life, home, and recipes that I hope you will enjoy.

I live on a beautiful bay in the northwoods and love nature and the outdoors as well.  Our home is cottage style and is a mix of newer elements and vintage pieces.  I have several hobbies but my biggest is scrapbooking and paper crafting!  So hello and welcome to my little neck of the northwoods and I hope you'll stop by and visit often!

I had just recently uploaded to my computer several pictures of this past Halloween, but it already looks so different around here as we received several inches of snow yesterday!  Hello winter, you've come to early for me this year thank you very much!!  Thought I would share some of the Halloween and Fall pics though so you can see a peek into my world.  My daughter chose to be the Eiffel Tower for Halloween complete with beret head band and pink poodle bag.  What can I say. She loves all things France.  My son is a teenager now so he choose to dress up spooky with a bunch of his friends and scare everyone that came up our long driveway. Boy did they have fun!! Yikes!





 
And here are a few pictures of our beautiful bay from earlier in the season so you can really get a good look at my northwoods. Our back yard is my complete haven from all of the cares of the world.  We've been here 7 years now and my love for this place is still brand new.


Thanks again for coming by!  I'll have to get some pictures of the snow to show you now.  Until next time...


7 comments:

  1. Carrie, I am SO excited that you've decided to start blogging. I love your sweet comments on my blog, they mean a lot :)

    I'm glad that now I get to know you a little better too and see the beautiful place you call home, and beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it, it's absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the pics with us.

    Your kids looked so cute in their outfits, I love the Eiffel Tower, how original and totally cute.

    Hope you're having a good week so far, and stay warm.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! Your home and the are you live in looks so beautiful! May I ask where you got your daughters costume from, its is adorable!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting Barry and Rena! And thank you for the nice compliments.
    I ordered my daughter's costume from the chasing fireflies catalog/website at www.chasing-fireflies.com I have ordered from the previous years also and their costumes are a little pricey but wonderful quality and my daughter always "plays" with her costume for many months after. They also had a French handbag, lipstick or perfume bottle costume.
    Please visit again any time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am catching up on your posts and want to say I love your sweet family and beautiful view! Living on the water is so lovely. I grew up on a little pond and had my own rowboat. My dog and I would take daily excursions in the summer and I was quite a good little fisherman (fishergirl?). Love seeing the children all dressed up for Halloween - so cute. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Karen! I'd love to see some pics of you being a good fishergirl (fisherperson?) Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home is beautiful and the outdoors is breathtaking! Are those white birch trees! Pond or lake?! Where are the moose?!!
    Adorable kids...I love that your daughter had such an original costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tina! Yep white birch trees, we're on a bay that connects to one of the great lakes here in the Midwest. We don't have too many moose issues here in Wisconsin, but our neighbors in northern Minnesota (& we're pretty close to the Canadian border) definitely see their share! I'm so glad you found my blog and please visit often! thanks for comments!!

      Delete