Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



Good morning! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
 I'm going to attempt to link up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for her Happy Homemaker Monday. I think it's such a nice way to start off the week and help get thoughts in order for things that need to get done today and for this week ahead.


The weather outside is...
12 degrees right now and we'll be lucky if it hits 20 today! All I can say to that is BBRRRR!
 
 
On the breakfast plate this morning...
Some coffee with my favorite creamer this time of year - peppermint mocha.  Also yummy pumpkin spice toast.  Like the cinnamon raisin kind of loaf but they had a special limited edition pumpkin spice swirl loaf in the grocery store so had to try it. Very yummy!
 
 
As I look outside my window...
It looks like a lot of white - everything covered in snow except it's blown off of a lot of the trees. There's a thin layer of ice already started on the bay and I know it won't be long before my kiddos will be asking if they can go play on the ice. The sky is cloudy for the most part and the sun tries to peek out now and then.  Come on sun!
 
 
Right now I am...
Listening to Christmas music on Pandora as I finish breakfast and make out my grocery list for the week.  Yes, as soon as Halloween is over it's full on Christmas music for me!! I love it so much and the season flies so fast so I try to soak up as much of it as I can. I'm not the only one who does this, right?
 
 
As I look around the house...
I need to load the dishes into the dishwasher and pick up snow pants and other winter wear left by the back door that heads out to our hill, as the kids were sledding out there with friends yesterday.  One of the best simple pleasures of being a kid I think - playing outside on cold winter day and coming in to a nice mug of cocoa your Mom made for you. 
 
 
On today's to do list...
I need to check on my father-in-law who recently had a knee replacement, pick up my mother-in-law so she can run errands with me and pick up her meds and groceries.  She has problems with her memory and dementia so she doesn't drive anymore and with my FIL being laid up at home I'm trying to help extra with their needs.  I'll make them dinner for tonight as well.
 
 
Currently reading...
I had started reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I love the series on Starz!)but keep getting sidetracked by lots of good holiday magazines. I have a weakness for subscriptions. Lol
I get Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living, HGTV, Midwest Living and People.  Yikes, I guess that's a lot isn't it?!?
 
 
On the menu this week...
Tonight I'm going to make roast chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy and vegetable side dish and for in-laws too.  I'll bake up a little dessert but not sure what? Thinking maybe pecan pie bars.  I don't have a set plan for each day as I have to roll with whatever the sports schedule is for the week between hockey and indoor soccer.  So if it's a quick meal night I often do sandwiches, soup, frozen pizza, salad etc for my Crew.  I'm going to do BBQ meatballs another night for the in-law cooking night (pioneer woman has a great recipe!) and baked potatoes and salad. 
 
 
What I'm creating at the moment...
I've been working on a heritage album for my Mom's side of the family.  The other day we went through more photos that we've been sorting into different envelopes by time frame or events.  It's going to be such a fun album to create! My Mom is talking to the relatives about sharing a story or memory for me to include in the album.  It's such a nice project to share in with my sweet Mumsy!
 
 
Favorite photo from camera this week...
 
 
Prayer, inspirational quote or devotional
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Psalm 73: 23-24

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie - I love your blog and love finding out a bit more about you! Your days sound very sweet and very busy - a true labor of love. Thank you so much for your dear visits and comments. I am so happy to be able to visit you! Best of luck on your new blogging adventure. I will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss a post! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, so glad to see you joining in with the Happy Homemaker Monday :)

    You are so sweet to help your father and mother in law out :) I have to giggle because you and I like pretty much the same things, the same creamers and even the pumpkin spice loaf. LOL

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Karen! It means so much!! I hope you see this reply as I still haven't figured out how to do the auto reply notification thing. Lol It's on the to do list! Lol
    Same for you Sandra. Hope you get this reply as well. I have always loved your happy homemaker Mondays so much and I'm just tickled that I'm finally getting to join in! I have always noticed how similar many of our tastes are too! Kindred spirits with good taste I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roast chicken sounds wonderful on a chilly day like today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for joining link parties Carrie! You're really jumping in with both feet!

    As for the reply thing, I assume you have an admin page or dashboard (not sure what it's called in Blogger) where you write your posts, see comments, etc? There should be an option for 'plugins'. I know Blogger doesn't have as many as WP, but I subscribe to several Blogger blogs and I know they have it so you can too. Just click on plugins and 'new' and search for comment reply notification and see what pops up. If what I'm saying makes no sense because your dashboard doesn't look like that, ask Brenda at CLH. She has it and will be happy to share her thoughts I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roast chicken is always a great go-to at our house Penny for this time of year!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Thanks again Doreen - you have been beyond helpful!! I was looking for that plug-in but no luck. I think my hubby is going to help me too. Otherwise I will be emailing Brenda! Lol

    ReplyDelete