Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gifts in Baskets

 
 
What is it about getting a gift in a basket that makes it feel just sort of extra special? Is it the extra details that are usually decorating it, or the way you can see a lot of the goodies in it right away usually leaning towards some theme?
 
I'm really not sure.  However, I do know that I love to get a gift basket and I especially love to give gift baskets!  I think it's just another way to be creative and let some of that imaginative spark fly along with the gift you're giving.
 
I have put together and given lots of gift baskets through the years - and for many different occasions. For me it usually starts with a theme based on the main gift I'm giving. Or it's based on just seeing that perfect basket (or other container) that just speaks to a theme. 
 
Some examples of baskets I have done are baby goodies that were in a little nursery or baby laundry kind of basket decorated with the nursery theme. A scrapbook I had made for the recipient with some adhesive tabs, archive quality markers and a coupon for a place to have professional photos done.  I have done many cooking baskets based on many different themes. Wine and Italian in a colander for the pasta. Comfort food (soup or stew mix) with whisk, soup mugs and pretty cloth napkins.  Garden theme with seeds, gloves, small shovel, sun hat or kneeler in a big planting pot. These are just to name a few.  It's so fun to just let your imagination go.  And the gift can be as small and affordable, or large, as your creativity or checkbook allows.
 
 
Here is a basket I made recently as a gift for a relative. Her birthday is in the late Fall and I saw this rustic pumpkin basket and went with that to create a late Fall theme.  She has a rustic lodge country kind of home and she's a gardener and cook.  So as I found things I thought fit her I put them in there.  I think it's ok if you don't see every item right out of the top either. This had a more narrow opening so there are several things in the bottom like candles, votive holder, and a decorated fall "rock" for her garden. Then I had found some neat cardinal bird vent sticks for her car, a pretty bread basket towel (good for thanksgiving coming) and the cute rustic burlap pumpkin. I filled the basket with the faux hydrangea to add more pretty on the top and she could use it in her decorating. I also gave her the Fall/Halloween theme banner I had made (shown in previous post). Then I found the burlap ribbon and tied that on to decorate a bit more.
 
 
I finished with a pretty leaf ribbon I found on abby's paperie garden etsy store. I wrote the recipient's name on it and tied it by the ribbon.  I think it can be fun to shop a little over time and see what you find too, instead of just buying everything at once.  I just waited to see what jumped out at me that seemed very "her".
 
Tis the gift giving season so let your creativity shine!
 
 


13 comments:

  1. You're a girl after my own heart Carrie! I love getting baskets, but I love, love, love making them! There's so much room for creativity when putting them together, and you did a fabulous job with this one! It's absolutely perfect!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen! She just loved it and I can't wait to start working on some holiday ones next.

      Delete
  2. I am sure your relative will love receiving this thoughtful gift....creatively done!

    Thanks for your kind words and visit today.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Carolyn! Come visit here anytime!! ;)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful gift! I'm sure she loved it. I think a basket gift is very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari! She loved it a lot - especially the basket everything was in. Working on my next ones already. Tia the season. ;)

      Delete
  4. How very pretty! The basket is a beautiful gift in itself and all the sweet goodies are a bonus! I love the pretty hydrangea and ribbon, too. I love all of your ideas for gift baskets. Giving and receiving them are both fun! Happy Thanksgiving, Carrie! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family as well!! xoxo

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful gift for your friend. I am sure that it was greatly appreciated and the contents will be enjoyed for a long time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - it was so fun to give and see how excited she was by each thing she pulled out of there. ;)

      Delete
  6. Hello Carrie...Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. Come by any time! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I found your blog Susan and will stop by again! Please feel free to visit here often as well. I'm loving the blogging world and the wonderful community I'm finding here. xo

      Delete
  7. For every special program or event, we used to present a gift basket in which, we can keep some essential products as according to the needs. Programs like baby shower and birthday parties, we can get several gift baskets in which, we have found several kinds of products those are very much essential for us.
    Baby Daily Deals

    ReplyDelete