Friday, November 28, 2014

Easy slow cooker Ham & Scalloped Potatoes

 
Here's a quick and easy recipe for ham and scalloped potatoes in your slow cooker. I captured some pics along the prepping and cooking process, however I didn't get a shot of the final product as the slow cooker was brought to my mother & father-in-law's house for dinner and I didn't have my camera.  You'll just have to trust me that it was creamy, cheesy, tasty, comforting goodness!
 
 
First, peel and slice about 2-3 pounds of potatoes. Then cut and cube about a pound of cooked ham.
 

 
Then grate some cheese (about 2 cups) and slice 1/2 to 3/4 of an onion. I think grating the cheese myself, rather than buying pre-shredded, just melts better.
 
 
In a small bowl mix 1 can of cream of celery soup (or cream of mushroom - whatever you have on hand) with seasonings. I actually used 1 can and about 1/2 of another as we like things "saucier".  Add the seasonings to taste...I added salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little paprika.
 

 
Grease your slow cooker. Divide ingredients and add  in layers: potatoes, then ham, onion, shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice and adding soup on last 2 layers, using majority of soup on top layer.
 
 
This is how it looks when it's ready to get cookin'! Put on lid and set slow cooker on low and cook 7-8 hours.  Stir occasionally.
Enjoy!
 
Please visit again and say hi! I love receiving your comments! Another scrapbooking post coming Sunday.
 
 


9 comments:

  1. It sounds really good! I like the idea of the cream of celery soup, bet that adds great flavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good Mari - and I think that's the tastier soup to use too. Quick, easy, but really good.

      Delete
  2. Perfect way to use leftovers too! I love using a slow cooker sometimes. It really helps to save time, which is always a good thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leftovers are perfect for this for sure! I love my slow cooker too Doreen. It's such a great go-to for the nights my kids have sports activities. I don't need to worry about trying to make something when we need to run around. It's just there waiting. Or if some of us are coming & going can just keep dinner warm without it getting too dry. Whoever invented the crock pot was a genius! (& probably a Mom) Lol

      Delete
  3. The next time I bake a ham and have left overs, I'm making that! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, I tried this recipe today, everyone loved it!! Will definitely make it again, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you all liked it Alison! I love having good easy slow cooker recipes handy for all those sports nights with my kiddos. Nice to come home from practice to a hot meal. Happy New Year!

      Delete