Tuesday, November 18, 2014

View from my window


Here is a little view out of my windows today.  The top 2 are from the line of windows in my living room (they're across from the fireplace).  As you can see it's looking nice and frosty and snowy now on our deck and out at the bay. One of the things I loved most about our house when we were looking to buy it was that there are so many windows and it feels like the outside is inside my living room.
 
The bottom 2 photos are the doors in our dining room that head to the back deck. The former door was in pretty bad shape so we just replaced it this year and I told my hubby that I wanted something with stained glass (I have a thing for stained glass but that's a whole other post!).  These were just what I was searching for and I'm very pleased with how they turned out.
 
Here  is a better view of the bay and you can see the layer of ice that has started to form on it.  Just looking at these pictures makes me COLD!
But even though it's frosty outside, on the inside I'm still holding on to Fall and its warm cozy golden colors.  This is a little cabinet in our dining room right next to the doors that head out to the deck. As you can see it holds all of my cookbooks - pretty stuffed!
 
Just wanted to finally show you the photo of the snowy bay I promised earlier.  Sending you all warm golden thoughts. 


5 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful view! I have my Fall stuff up too. We have my whole family coming for Thanksgiving, so it'll stay till the day after when the Christmas stuff will go up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to hold out too Mari - but I'm thinking since Thanksgiving is so late I'm going to at least start this weekend. However, I don't host Thanksgiving (my sis-in-law does), otherwise I would leave it out too. The holidays are here...Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie - I love your gorgeous view! It is so nice to have lots of windows, especially in the winter. I love your little cabinet stuffed with cookbooks, too. I recently sorted through mine and boxed some of them up. If I don't miss them too much, I guess I will donate them because my shelves are groaning :) I love a fellow cookbook collector! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful but can I just say....burrrrrr! If you're going to show the cold you should also show us the heat (fireplace smoking please!)! Lol!
    Beautiful home too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina - and it's funny that we don't use the fireplace as much as you'd think. It's a gas one and a bit of a process to get going. When we do have some this winter I will try to remember to take some photos!

      Delete