Well time is ticking down to the big July 4th weekend! I've been trying to decide what I want to make and I think I've decided on some dishes.
First of all we'll be spending tomorrow (Friday) at my brother and sister-in-law's house. They live on a lake and always have a big July 4th party every year. They average probably 50-60 family members and friends! They're having it tomorrow instead of Saturday as that's when their lake shoots off their fireworks this year.
Here are some photos from several years ago. There's always lots of water sports, some volleyball and other games, fun food and fireworks. My SIL usually keeps the main food easy like sub platters, or pulled pork from a local restaurant and then it's a big potluck where everyone brings side dishes, appetizers and desserts.
I'm planning to make my chicken pasta salad. It's a lot like my veggie pasta salad, however I just use the rotini pasta with chicken, grapes, carrots and broccoli in it (no peas or cheese cubes).
For dessert I'm thinking summer berry poke cupcakes. Just like the recipe for poke cake but in cupcake form. So pretty with all the red white and blue and fresh berries.
I'm also thinking I may make a pan of these homemade twix bars.

This is a recipe I have pinned on my "sweet treats" pinterest board. My son loves them and has been requesting them. And for an appetizer I want to make these bacon and brown sugar crackers.

photo credit: plain chicken
Love the way your SIL in does the food. Perfectly simple for a laid back holiday like this especially with so much to do at their party! All the food you picked out look delicious but those homemade twix bars? Yum!
ReplyDeleteHappy Independence Day to you!
I think it's so smart how she does the food too Laura! Everything was so yummy - and those twix bars were a big HIT!! xoxo
DeleteSounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy it all! : )
Thx Billie Jo - it was so fun and went too fast! Hope you had a blast too. ;)
DeleteI hope that you have a wonderful time!!! I saw your cupcake poke cakes pin and even before I read who pinned it, I knew it was you! I love that!! xx
ReplyDeleteOh that's too funny Amy! Love that too! ;)
DeleteI want to come too - the food looks delicious! I'm now following you on Pinterest.
ReplyDeleteI like your favorite F's - they are mine too!
Everything turned out great and was so yummy! Gotta love those best "F's"!
Deletexoxo
It sure sounds like a great weekend of celebrations!! I will check out your boards on Pinterest!
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun and went too fast Terri! HOpe yours was great too! ;)
DeleteOoh,it all sounds so great! Such fun! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThx Helen!! So nice to hear from you - and miss you!! Hope all is well dear Lady and you're having a lovely summer. You've been in my thoughts several times. xoxo
DeleteWow! I hope you have a fabulous time, Carrie! xx
ReplyDeleteThx Alison - it was so fun and went too fast!! xo
Delete