Thursday, September 3, 2015

Caramel Apple Salad

Happy Thursday...or should I say almost Friday...or better yet, almost Labor Day weekend! Today I thought I'd share this yummy recipe that is perfect for late summer/early Fall. It's wonderful as a side dish or even a dessert, and it'd be perfect for this coming weekend's festivities.



This salad is light and fluffy. It's salty and sweet. It's smooth yet crunchy. I could go on and on. Lol! It's just really yummy and it's all the flavors of a caramel apple from the fair all together in one wonderful salad.




First of all, take a 3&1/2 oz. package of instant butterscotch pudding mix and pour into a large bowl. Then take 8 oz. of crushed pineapple, and 8 oz. of cool whipped topping and dump them in too. Mix all together well.





Then take 3 c. of apple that's been diced. The recipe called for that much anyway, but I didn't measure. I had large apples and I think I ended up using about 1 and 1/2 of them. It really depends on how large or small you dice them I did mine in bite sized chunks and not really finely diced. I think it's best to kind of eyeball how much you think looks right.


Fold in the apples.





Then take a cup each of mini marshmallows and honey roasted peanuts and add them to the salad.


Mix them in well. They really add the yummyness to this dish - especially the peanuts give it the more authentic taste of eating caramel apples and great crunch. So good!




Once everything is mixed you can either eat right away or keep chilled in the refrigerator until you're ready for it. This is a recipe I found in the Gooseberry Patch Fall, Family & Friends Cookbook. I've had different "taffy apple" or "caramel apple" salads before that have snickers candy bars cut up in them and they are yummy too, but I think I like this one even better. I highly recommend it - and it's a fun way to make a different kind of "fruit salad". Enjoy!



19 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! I may have to run out and grab these ingredients. Thanks for sharing!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick question.... do you mix pudding with milk before adding? Or just put package in with cool whip and pineapple? Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill. ;) It is quite tasty. Nope - no milk added. Just mix the pudding mix (powder), pineapple and cool whip and that makes the "fluff" all by itself. Have a great night and hope you like it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I am definitely making this for Labor Day. Thanks for the recipe!

    Renee @ 2 Peas in a Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Renee! Hope you like it and have a wonderful weekend! xo

      Delete
  5. Yum! This version sounds so good. (Except I don't like nuts, so I will leave them out.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggested adding maybe broken pretzel into the salad then Mari - the salty crunch really adds to it. ;) Happy holiday weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh this looks sinful, but yummy! Thanks for the recipe! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori - happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  7. Thank you for clarifying! ;-) I wish we were closer too, would be great to scrapbook together! Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that looks yummy. I don't think it would make it to the fridge in my house, we'd be diving right in with a spoon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty tasty Alison! Lol Happy weekend. xo

      Delete
  9. OMG…I am soooo making this!! LOL. See I knew you secretly had a cooking show, you have those cute little measuring bowls with your ingredients conveniently measured out all fancy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You're a riot kiddo!! :) It's just always more fun to cook if you're fancy about it. Lol

      It is pretty tasty! Happy weekend to you Doll! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Pretty delish Amy-girl! ;) Happy weekend. xoxo

      Delete
  11. The kids will love this! Thanks for sharing such a FUN recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I want to try this soon! Sounds like the perfect fall treat.

    ReplyDelete