Saturday, September 19, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday:Fall Bunting

The temps have been cooling down here and I've been fully in the mood for all things Fall! As many of you keep hearing - it's my favorite season in the whole wide world!! So I've been decorating the mantle and shelves, all around my home, in all things Autumn. I've also been doing some Fall crafting and I wanted to share my Fall bunting with you today as I link with Andrea at Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.  You can click on the link in my right hand column if you'd like to go check out all the great ideas over there!





First of all, I love to dig into all of my different stashes of goodies around and grab things that speak to me for their color or just overall "fallishness". Once I accumulated quite a few things I started to become inspired with what I wanted to make.




I knew I wanted to use some pretty lace I had around. And once I decided on making some bunting for my office room I was inspired by some candy corn I was munching on at the moment. Lol! Not surprising I was inspired by food. So I decided since bunting is usually kind of shaped like candy corn I would create it that way. So for all of the lettered pieces I did the bottom in the "white" lace, and the middle in this neat patterned "yellow" pape, and the whole base is in that great candy corn orange!



I also used my leaf punch to add little yellow leaves at the top, and for the end pieces I just glued on the lace and then glued on some little wood pumpkins. I used brown denim letter stickers for the "Fall" part. I ended by punching holes with a hole punch and threading yellow rick rack ribbon I had through it to hang.



I hung it on the shelf that sits above my scrapbooking work space. I love this space for the family photos I have above and I also always place some seasonal things on these shelves.




It's my happy place and just makes me smile.



Happy Fall to all and Happy Crafting! 






7 comments:

  1. So adorable Carrie! Fall must be so pretty there too,and your setting must really make the most of it. Love the creative bunting! You're always up to something puurrdy;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet my dear Gal! Love the "purdy" stuff - that's for sure! Lol

      Delete
  2. Very pretty!!! I like the idea of the candy corn effect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love when candy inspiration strikes! Lol

      Delete
  3. So cute! I'm so jealous of your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! I can't wait until you get to your new place and can decorate it up! xo

      Delete