Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Those Sweet Early Years Scrapbook Pages

As you've probably already guessed about me - I love looking back at my previous scrapbooks and going down memory lane. Many times it's because looking back at old layouts gives me good ideas for new ones. But I also love remembering sweet times from years past and looking at the old photos sure helps me do just that.


This is a title page from the very first family scrapbook I ever did. This album is actually quite a bit smaller than my other albums because I didn't realize how many pages I could really stuff into an album until I really got to working on them. My plan is to take some of our wedding photos and other photos from our grade school and high school years and do a sort of "prequel" to fill the book in more.





When I look back to these early family photos - in some ways it makes me cringe to see these old hair styles and clothes. Actually, they make me laugh more than anything! Tacky styles aside, I become nostalgic for those sweet early years long ago when we first started our family and my oldest was so little.

This page is from one of my favorite layouts in the whole album. It's from when my son and I made some Halloween cut out cookies. I love that since I didn't have a ton of photos for this layout I decided to go with a fun big title - that was a play on words from one of his favorite infant games of patty cake. 


What's also so fun about looking back at these old albums is seeing photos of my old house - in this case it's our old kitchen. We were in that house for around 12 years and I became a bride and first time Mom in that house. Such memories!! I love that he has more flour on his sweatshirt than he does on the kitchen counter! Lol


This is the other page of the layout. I decided to cut him out of a photo where he was holding the spatula in the air and loved that I could put some cookie stickers above him and it looks like he's flipping them right up in the air. My favorite part of scrapping is being creative - and sometimes even whimsical. 




And here's the full layout all together. Thank for going down memory lane with me! 

5 comments:

  1. Love the Baker's Man Layout! I played that game when I was little too...and did a lot of baking with my mom when I was about his age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bethany! How fun that you share similar memories! I love this layout too and the adorable memories of my little boy playing patty cake with me. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet Carrie! Few things provoke memories as looking through old photos, something I was doing just a few minutes ago. Makes me wonder...where in the world does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - that's the bittersweet part about looking at those old memories! So special and sweet, but makes one feel like time is going at rocket speed. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh my, these are too sweet! Isn't that the joy of scrapbooking, that we can look back on our old albums and remember so many things. Love this post! Thank you! It made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete