Friday, September 11, 2015

Five on Friday:Fall Love

There are so many things I love about this time of year - the list is long and lovely. Kind of like this sign from my pinterest page under the board "my favorite season". 

FALL BUCKET LIST . . . I think we'll be able to do every one of these.:

But for the sake of 5 on Friday this week I will pick the top 5 reasons I love Fall:

ONE






The outdoors in my northwoods in the Autumn is the most beautiful place in the world to me. The colors on the trees become amazing. The air turns cold and crisp and walks have leaves crunching under my feet. On a Fall evening there is nowhere cozier than by an outdoor fire.



TWO






a sneak peek at fall bunting I'm working on and will hopefully reveal this weekend

I just love decorating my home and crafting during this time of year. I think my house is so suited to Fall colors as it's already decorated with cozy neutrals of tan, warm browns, soft gray and even some black and little pops of orange. So decorating this time of year is easy, as all of my decorations match my decor beautifully! Lol



THREE








I love the cozy food and drinks this time of year too! Everything is all apple (a fave!) and pumpkin flavors - yum! Here is my apple crisp recipe (middle photo) which is an all time favorite around here to make this time of year.  My kiddos request it year round - but I make it mostly in the Fall. Soups are especially wonderful and comforting - here is a favorite cream of chicken soup recipe I often make in Autumn.  And at Halloween I make a huge pot of hot apple cider (with cinnamon sticks and cloves) as we have many friends and relatives that come over to enjoy the holiday with us. For the grown ups I make hot caramel apple ciders which are so easy: In the bottom of a mug I put a little bit of butterscotch schnapps - fill with hot apple cider - then top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Pure Fall heaven!!



FOUR

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f2/25/e0/f225e0a7c43c50d8c59c98032d281373.jpg:



Ghost Peep Brownies:


A bunch of white roses crawling with critters makes a pretty (and) disturbing centerpiece:

Pinterest is SO much fun to browse through during this time of year! There are such beautiful Fall scenes to fill the soul, wonderful recipes (like the ghost peeps on top of brownies for a Halloween treat), and decorating ideas (got to love black creepy crawlies on white roses for a Halloween stunner). These again are all pinned on "my favorite season" board off of my pinterest page.


FIVE






And of course the big event of Autumn - Halloween! Always a lot of fun at our house, as many of our friends and relatives that live in the country (therefore few neighbors to trick-or-treat at their houses) come to our house for good food, hot cider and trick or treating fun.  Last year the crew of teenagers here, whom are too old to go trick-or-treating now, had fun decorating our yard and driveway all spooky and scaring the trick-or-treaters who were daring and brave enough to walk up our long dark driveway! Lol Such fun! Hope we have good weather again this year! Not sure what Annie will be this year. Last year she chose to be the Eiffel Tower (my French loving Gal).  All of the above photos are from last year's Halloween fun.


I'm linking with Amy of Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.






12 comments:

  1. Well those really are five excellent reasons to love fall - or autumn! I want to look round for an autumn words picture to frame to decorate with, never thought of pinterest! Must go and have a look! Thank you for joining Five On Friday! I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I think that's a great idea. Pinterest should have lots of goodies for a frame like that to see. ;)
      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely fall goodness and fun happening in the Northwoods!
    Great photos and post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! :)
      If you couldn't tell Fall is definitely my favorite. Lol
      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  3. Oh my! You wrapped Fall up with a big orange bow and gave it to all of us as a gift! What a great post! beautiful Autumnal color, decorations, crafts, sharing, food...apple crisp!!! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Marie! I love sharing my favorite season with such wonderful friends. Blessings to you for a lovely weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. What a fun post! So true, what you said, about home decor complementing a certain season. I had never thought about it before but yes, it does make a huge difference! And I do so enjoy cooking and baking in the fall! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Laura! ;)
      I've always thought of my house as a Fall house, so much because of the colors & our pretty woods around it.
      Hope you have a great week. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Carrie, this weekend brought our first fall like mornings--yay! Your post makes me anticipate the season even more ;) Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Cecilia! Those first Fall feeling days are magical. Hope you have many more Fall days ahead to enjoy. Xo

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous images. Autumn is my favourite season, too. I need to get some autumn decorating done ASAP so I can squeak every minute of it I can before Christmas arrives!! I'm going to go and find you on Pinterest. it looks like we like a lot of the same things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn! Have fun getting into those decorations. Truly the best season in my humble opinion. Lol ;)
      Please do look me up on Pinterest & I'll find you too. Xo

      Delete