Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Shaped Punch for Scrapbook Titles

Hello to All! Happy September!! 


I've been missing you. We did have a wonderful trip out-of-town to a neighboring state fair right before back to school. It was so much fun - rides, games, but especially great food!! Naughty things like cheese curds, fresh roasted corn on the cob dunked in melted butter, fresh squeezed lemonade, and fried apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. Naughty....but SO NICE!! 


Then today started back-to-school for my 4th grader and I stayed and helped out for the PTA for a while. Tomorrow my 9th grader jumps back in to the school pool! So busy days lately, and I need to get around and say hi to everyone. Of course there's a soccer game tonight (my son this time). So I will get my post done now and hopefully be able to visit everyone later. 


For a scrapbook/craft related post today I thought I would share one of my favorite tools! The shaped punch. I have many different kinds, but here's a photo of a few of them. I love them for many crafts...but especially to do a title for a scrapbook page.



I have many layouts where I have used these shapes in various ways to a create a title. I took a few quick photos out of some albums I had handy to show you the idea.  In this snorkeling layout I just used tan cardstock to punch out circles and then added these adorable "under the sea" letter stickers. Notice the arrows showing the cute seashell and starfish.





Next is a page from when we went to a Minnesota Wild hockey game. I used a golden cardstock and punched it out with the larger square shape. And then used a cream color to cut out with the smaller side of the square punch. I then overlapped the smaller cream color over the gold and added dark green letter stickers for my title - as their colors are red, yellow, cream and gold.





On this page from my nephew's birthday party I used the hexagon punch and then added these cute round "wet" look stickers - as he had a pool party. But I could have easily used a smaller side of the round punch to get lighter blue circles to put over the dark blue hexagon. It's fun to mix and match and just be creative. These punches are all ones I purchased long ago through my Creative Memories consultant. I know the company has changed a bit and I'm not sure if they still offer them, but I have also seen many punches like these in my local craft stores. 





If you haven't used one - they're pretty easy and here I turned over my hexagon punch to show you from the underside of the punch. Just slip your cardstock or paper in the slot where the shape cut out is and then push down on the shape until it cuts and "punches out" the cardstock piece. Very easy and again - so versatile and fun to use for many different crafting purposes. 



10 comments:

  1. I have these punchers but never thought to use them for that! Very cool Carrie!

    We are having a bit of a heat wave here.mim guessing the weather by you is glorious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon! Weather here got a bit warm too - but today started with some storms and has cooled down to pleasant 70's.

      Delete
  2. Great punches for your crafting and scrapbooking! I hope that you enjoyed the fair and that the return to school has gone well for all! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was a lot of fun and we're finally in the swing of back-to-school again and I'm loving it!! Kiddos maybe not as much as me. Lol ;)

      Delete
  3. A busy time for you and the kids going back to school. Wishing them a good year! I have never used punches before, but now I think I need some! Love your scrapbook pages<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! They're a lot of fun and creative in so many ways.
      It's been a very busy few days - but fun too an we're finally get our back to school schedule down. ;)

      Delete
  4. I have quite a few punches. They really are fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you lived closer Mari! WE could share our stuff and work on projects together. ;)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are quite busy! :-) Our kids are in the same grades this year. Love the punches, we have a few and the girls enjoy them when scrapbooking too. I also have a cricut we love using and makes a lot of shapes and designs. But of course I need to make the time to scrapbook..like I keep saying, lol. Have great ideas just no time. That's one of the reasons I started blogging to record our memories and leave it behind for my girls and generations to come. Love your layouts! Have a great night!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you and the Girls were closer - we could hang out and scrapbook together. ;)

      I've thought about a cricut many times, but have never broke down and bought one. I love the idea of a blog as a memory keeper as well.

      Thanks so much Hon and wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead. xoxo

      Delete