Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday Wonder

WAITING FORFALLCOLORS

Hello and happy midweek to all! 


My hubby's business computers were hacked recently, and some things needed to be changed with our servers and related to emails (my email is related to our businesses too), so I had some complications with it yesterday... and that's why I didn't post. It was a scary thing for him, but thankfully he has some really savvy computer folks and they were able to stop things before it took everything out. My hubby and brother-in-law own some subsidized housing in our city, as well as some of our own local businesses (a management company, a realty company and an electric company). Owning our own businesses is rewarding, but also pretty stressful at times. I'm so grateful it turned out o.k.! 


All around my area everything is starting to get that golden glow to it...like the trees are ready to change their leaves to glorious colors. But since it will probably be another week or so before that fully happens, I thought today I'd share some photos from the past Fall in my backyard.











In other news - a lot of headway has been made on our landscaping...yay!! I can't wait to share it with you all in the future. I'm caregiving for my MIL today and I know I'm behind to visit with everyone, however, tomorrow I will have a more "free" day to catch up! Wishing you a beautiful and colorful day.



18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computers, that is always so scary. Glad you were able to get it fixed. Fall is my favorite time of year and your pictures are so lovely. What a blessing to be by the water as well :-) It's my mom's birthday today and I feel so blessed she is here visiting to celebrate with us. Have a great afternoon!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill! Hope your Mom had a great birthday and I bet you guys had a terrific visit.
      Blessings to you all xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful setting! Don't you just love it when the bugs die off and you can enjoy that gorgeous lake and woods ! Have a lovely fall day (although today is warmer than I was expecting).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Judy! Been soaking up every second.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Computer issues are the worst, and we've had our fair share. Just today hubby took his laptop to Staples for some troubleshooting, but it's still not fixed. I can imagine how scary that might have been for your husband since it's all tied to the business, but it sure does come in handy to have people around who know their stuff!

    I'm wondering if our colors will be as vibrant this year as last. With the dry weather we've had, I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all sorted out now - thank goodness. We were very lucky as my hubby has a pretty new tech guy that knew exactly what to do. It could have been MUCH worse. HOpe your hubby's gets fixed too.

      And I hope you have some beautiful color yet! It can vary here too - some years more muted, some very vibrant.
      Blessings my Dear xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your back yard is GIGANTIC!!, looks amazing though :) I am not a big autumn fan, but I do love the colour and that amazing light, your pictures are great.
    Happy weekend! (Well, nearly)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill!

      It's actually a nice little island. Our property lines are actually a weird triangle/diamond kind of shape. We do have a little over an acre - but the water makes it seem much bigger! Lol

      Happy weekend back! xo

      Delete
  5. I am glad that your computers are all sorted again, very scary indeed to have problems. Beautiful autumn pictures, the trees look fabulous don't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! We feel so blessed the computer fiasco wasn't worse.

      It's getting darn pretty around here - will share more in the future! ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow, that sounds very stressful but glad that everything worked out!
    Loved the photos - definitely putting me in the fall mood! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!

      I'll keep sending photos and Fall thoughts so you keep that mood going! Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about the computer issues. That's scary!
    There's just a tinge of color here, but I bet by next week we'll see what you're seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari!
      More color has been showing up this week and I bet by next week or so it'll be breathtaking up here - so I'm sure you will be right behind us!

      Soaking it up. Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  8. The colors are gorgeous! Most of our leaves haven't turned colors yet, though we are starting to see a little bit of color. The hacking does sound very scary; glad everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I can't wait until we're in full color for this year. I'll share more then too!

      Computer crisis averted thankfully! Blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  9. These fall pics are so beautiful!! I’m just not getting around to reading blogs, I wish I had more time to just peruse and enjoy them, but I have to fit them in when I can :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend, looking forward to see your landscaping done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my Dear! I've been feeling behind too and doing the catch up game. It's a busy time of year, that's for sure. Love whenever you can visit my Gem of Gal!!
      Happy weekend to you! xoxo

      Delete