Thursday, February 19, 2015

Continental Stroganoff

This is a favorite recipe that has been in my family for a long time. I think my parents got the recipe from a friend of theirs when I was a child. I remember this being a special recipe that my folks would often make when we would have company over for dinner.  It's a beef stroganoff recipe, but when it was given to them it was called "continental stroganoff" and that is what is on my recipe card from them so that is what I put on the card for Annie's cookbook.  It's a very creamy and flavorful stroganoff - with the little hit of cooking sherry or red wine and sour cream at the end after it's cooked through.  We love it over egg noodles and all I can say is YUMMY!!



 

You start out browning steak in butter (yes please), then adding your flour and making a basic roux but with the onion soup added there's tons of flavor. Add your mushrooms too....I always use whole mushrooms by the way (I don't think I put that on the card). Then you add in your milk and make the creamy gravy. What's not to love?? Here's the recipe:

 
Another recipe card done for Annie's cookbook!!
 
 
 
 
Here's a closer view of the recipe:

 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I really like the way that you have done this with the recipe cards and blog posts, that way Annie can look back at them both as she makes and enjoys the family favourites in years to come! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Amy!

      I truly hope this cookbook album will become a family treasure to be handed down for future generations. If nothing else than to remember what their ancestors favorite recipes were and to make fun of my handwriting!! Lol
      xo

      Delete
  2. So sweet that you are making a family cookbook to pass down! Love this! Another delectable recipe that looks very easy, too! I am pinning this, too. Oh, I love your 'style' board. <3 xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet that you are making a family cookbook to pass down! Love this! Another delectable recipe that looks very easy, too! I am pinning this, too. Oh, I love your 'style' board. <3 xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do Karen! It's pretty yummy.

      I haven't added to that style one in a while. I love a lot of vintage looks but not always brave enough to carry them off! ;)
      xo

      Delete
  4. It's such a lovely idea to create a cookbook for your Annie, I think I'd like to start one for each of my kids with their favourite dinners in it! xx

    ReplyDelete