Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday - yes another week is upon us! I have a busy one ahead, how about you?  Might as well jump right in so here goes...


 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Another nice chilly one today! Ugh!! We had a wind chill advisory last night as it was supposed to hit -20 to -30F  with the wind chill and regular temperature of -12F - BBRRRR. I think it is supposed to get above zero today but with wind chill will still feel below zero. Guess I won't be packing away my parka any time soon. Lol 

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Some nice HOT coffee and a bowl of granola cereal with fresh berries.

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

All I see is COLD and I just stare at it with a scowl and keep dreaming on my early Spring that I know WILL HAPPEN!!! At least the sun is shining right now.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to the quiet of my house. My guys are already on to their day but my daughter is still sleeping and all is nice, quiet and peaceful. Great way to start my day, do my devotional and some planning for the week.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I feel very unmotivated. Did you ever see the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray where he lives the same day over and over? I swear that's what I feel like I do sometimes. There are those dishes again (too tired to load last night), and the pile of laundry that never seems to shrink. There's my kiddos' items scattered here and there. I wake up each day and hope they magically won't be there -but yes I am living my day of chores over and over again. Anyone relate? Lol 

 
 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

The above mentioned chores of course. Probably bundle up and get groceries and run some errands if my mom-in-law is up for it.

 
CURRENTLY READING:

Still magazines winning out, but my lovely pile of books are waiting for me. However, I did get a few fun books at the library when we checked out some books for my daughter recently. They're more browsing books (cottage decorating, gardening, jewelry making) but they are books I am enjoying currently.

 
 

ON THE TV TODAY:

I guess it's more of that Groundhog Day stuff in that I have the usual shows to catch up on - Grantchester, & Downton Abbey. I did watch the Oscars last night. I thought it was really good and I love seeing all of the fashions. The music performances by John Legend and Lady Gaga were both so beautiful and moving. And when Julie Andrews came out after Gaga sang the Sound of Music songs - it was the best!  I finally saw Paddington (so cute!!) but I haven't seen many of the Oscar nominated movies.  I see that the Good Wife comes back this week - yay! (winking at you Carrie at Anniehow!)

 
 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Still trying to finalize my meal plan. I made some easy pork fajitas this past weekend that were really yummy! I'll try to share that recipe this week (although I didn't take very many photos as I kind of forgot that I might want to share the recipe). I'm thinking I'm going to make a lasagna pasta dish we like with salad and garlic bread. Browsing some other ideas I have yet to decide upon.

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I worked on my give-away journal this past weekend and plan to finish it up soon. I will share a peek of it and the details of the give-away this week. 

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I'm not sure if I'll be making anything new this week. I have a busy one ahead so will probably stick to tried and true (& easy!).



FROM THE CAMERA:
 
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
 

I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. – Maya Angelou.

I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my I'll take my 24 over your -12 any day! Try to stay warm and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - please trade with me!! Lol Spring WILL come (I just repeat this mantra daily) sigh.

      Stay warm too!! xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, your temperatures are making our low of -2 degrees tonight sound almost tropical - well maybe not quite! ;)

    I've never seen the movie but I definitely know what you mean about motivation. Lately we've been doing a lot of projects around the house so I've been keeping busy but sometimes I go through phases when I just don't feel like getting anything done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear someone else relates and also working to stay warm like me! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ow, that's cold! Spring will come -- if I could, I would whizz over to your place with a bunch of daffodils for you! Yes, it's the same old story with the housework here too, very like Groundhog Day.
    I do like looking at all the red carpet dresses for Oscar Night, some lovely ones and some others you just have to wonder what they were thinking of!
    Wishing you a good week my dear 💐 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you darling Gem of a Gal Alison! I would welcome you (& your daffs) in with open arms and we would have a wonderful chat over tea - and let the housework just sit in wait around me.

      I completely agree about how some of the red carpet dresses do make you scratch your head and question their taste and judgement!! Lol

      Delete
  4. Maybe I trade my weather with yours! We had two days of 102F over the weekend here in Oz! I am looking at your snow in utter jealousy! I will have to look up the Lady Gaga performance - Sound of Music is one of my absolute faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my goodness Jayne - I can't even imagine what that weather would feel like right now! It is beyond my brain!! Lol Maybe we could just meet somewhere in the middle?

      I was so impressed not only with Gaga's look and demeanor (she didn't get too weird or dramatic) but also with her beautiful voice! She really did an amazing job. Sound of music is definitely one of my faves too! xo

      Delete
  5. I am with you on the groundhog day thing! I do the same stuff over and over. I guess that is the lot of a homemaker isn't it. It isn't that I mind, but some variety would not go amiss. So glad that you saw Paddington and enjoyed it, it is a lot of fun isn't it! I hope that your spring does come soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete