Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday Garden Party: Spring Layout




Feeling in that garden party mood today so linking with all the lovely gardeners at Tuesday Garden Party, even though it looks like this outside my window right now:


I know I should quit wishing for it to come so soon. I know where I live. I know the rules around here. The earliest we might get some tastes of Spring is later next month.  So I will "slow my roll" as they say and instead I enjoy gazing upon photos or scrapbook layouts of Spring time and flowers and dream of the garden and growing things.  First though, I'm also helping my cabin fever with some flowers in my kitchen window right now.  Here, please stop and smell the roses:

 

I think the pretty coral plant is a kalanchoe maybe? Not sure...
 
 
 

This was a fun layout to do because I love all the bright Springy colors and look at my mom-in-law's tulips - don't they look wonderful?

 
 
 

Here's the other side of the layout and I really love this one as I had this giant flower paper for a back-drop and it was so big and round that it inspired me to cut out all the photos of my daughter in circles to place inside the big circle.

Ah- love these pictures of her enjoying the springtime: blowing bubbles, riding her scooter, and just skipping along enjoying the beautiful outdoors. I love how on each page I have nice realistic 3-D daffodil flower stickers. And don't forget the sweet dragon fly sticker and his little path I drew as he's flying away.

 

I need to plant some new flowering shrubs this year - any input on a favorite that you like to grow in your garden??

 
 



8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your spring thinking! We have just another five weeks to get through then it should start warming up.Your snow scene does look pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pretty does help endure how LONG it feels like winter and the snow hang on around here. Lol

      Counting down the days to the real deal and not just dreaming. ;)

      Delete
  2. Cabin fever does set in this time of year, doesn't it? I love how the snow makes everything so bright and glowy inside on a sunny day, though. We haven't had any snow this year - the ski resorts are all closed down and everyone is so depressed about it. There is the other side of the coin......! Are we ever happy? Lol! I love your scrapbook pages of springtime. Your little girl is so sweet. So nice to have blooming flowers in the window, too. The coral flower is begonia - I grow them outside every summer! I've never thought of taking them inside for the winter - now I will! Here's to springtime - let's hope it comes soon for you there in the frozen North! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Karen - we are just never happy!! Lol

      Thanks for the flower identification! Now that you say it I can see that it's a begonia. I picked it up at the grocery store recently and it wasn't marked and I would never have thought of a begonia this earlier either - that's what was throwing me. It sure is bringing me joy each day and look forward to when I can plant it outside.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. As Karen said, the coral coloured plant is a begonia, but I can thoroughly recommend kalanchoe's they last for ages and are beautiful. In fact I have managed to keep one alive for a record year now so that is pretty good going for me!! Begonias are lovely houseplants too and should - in your loving hands, but not mine sadly - last a long time too. It is great to plan for spring and what you might plant and get up to outside isn't it! I hope you enjoy making your plans. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the scoop on the flower. I love begonias too so I should have known! I had a kalanchoe in the past that lasted a long time too.

      I'll enjoy this begonia inside for a while and then maybe plant it outside in the spring as I always plant several in the shady area by my front door.

      Something simple as flowers - but they bring SUCH JOY!! XO

      Delete
  4. Haha! Cabin fever here too, I think! I've been just as bad this year. I've been outside anyway even with the freezing wind as little miss was desperate to ride her bike out the front! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Alison! I've been out too -even though it's been freezing here! I just need that fresh air and to hear some birds. Guess we'll keep waiting patiently for this season to CHANGE!
      xo

      Delete