Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fab-ruary Day 8: Favorite Feel Good Films

Day8

The prompt for Day 8 of Fab-ruary is my favorite feel good films. It's so hard for me to narrow this down as I just love movies so much that there are too many to name. So I'm just going to go with a few that pop in my head right away:


During the holiday time of year my 2 favorite feel good films would definitely have to be Elf and Love Actually! I always have to watch them and I always feel so happy after them.


The movie that pops in my head as one of my favorite movies of all time (even though it ends sad - the rest of it makes me so happy) is Moulin Rouge. I just love that movie...it makes me laugh and it makes me cry - all in a good way. I just love the music and the performances and visually it speaks to me.


And I LOVE love love old movies. The good old black and whites and the ones brought into technicolor. I love musicals like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers or The King and I.  But I love romantic witty old movies especially Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy movies. My favorites of theirs are Woman of the Year (their 1st one together where they fell in love) and Adam's Rib. I also love Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn movies and my favorite of all time that has me in stitches laughing is Bringing up Baby! If you haven't seen this movie - you need to...it is so clever and hilarious!!


An old Spencer Tracy movie I also love is called A Guy named Joe and they did a modern version of it in the 80's called Always. I love the story and love both of those movies for feel good time as well.


I could go on and on - but there I'll stop and link with Helen for Fab-ruary at I Will Bloom

10 comments:

  1. I like Moulin Rouge too. And I think I better check out some of those oldies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oldies are just the best Mari! Pop some popcorn, get your fave blankie, snuggle in, put on Bringing up Baby and be prepared to laugh yourself silly. So fun!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I liked Moulin Rouge too...and some of those you mentioned. I'll get mine done tomorrow as I've been away from home all day!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to check it out Barbara! ;)

      Delete
  3. Ah we love the old films too, especially musicals. On a winter Sunday afternoon we all snuggle up as a family to watch one. My girls love Annie Get Your Gun! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that one is so cute! There is nothing better than snuggling up, having your bowl of yummy popcorn and being greatly entertained. xo

      Delete
  4. I have to make a point to watch Love Actually. I also want to watch the original Sabrina, I have seen the remake and like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original is so good - Audrey Hepburn makes the original even better than the remake in my opinion. Must see! ;)

      Delete
  5. Some great choices! It is lovely to return to your special favourites isn't it and to know that they will be good and that you will enjoy them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is true joy - and comfort - in the good stand by classics you can count on. They feel like a favorite blanket. ;)

      Delete