Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weigh in: pinterest recipe & family time

I keep using Wednesday's as my weigh in or "check-in" time with myself to see how I'm doing with the resolutions and goals I've set for myself this year. So here's my weigh in for this week:


One of my goals was taking more time for my scrapbooking and crafts (basically me time)....and included in that was finally making or creating at least some of the things I pin on pinterest. I pin many many things (those of you who have and enjoy pinterest know what I mean) - but have probably only utilized a few of the actual "pinned" ideas. I truly love pinterest. It's a guilty pleasure that I could indulge in for hours if I let myself. However, I'm a busy Mom and I don't (I couldn't handle the guilt afterward!!) - but yet the "pins" do add up. 


So I've started going back and looking at some of them more seriously and making a some of those things. The valentine bars I made recently, for example,  were inspired by Christmas bars pinned to my pinterest "sweet treats" category. I have a link to my pinterest in the side bar, by the way, if you would like to follow me and check out all of those pins!  So here is another recent recipe pin I made and want to share with you as it was quite yummy!

 
 
 

First you brown your well seasoned salted chicken

 

Then you make a yummy creamy honey Dijon mustard sauce (recipe will be below) and top the chicken with it. Then add fresh sliced mushrooms and yummy bacon.

 

Top with Colby jack cheese and bake for 20 minutes.  Delish! Here's the full recipe:


 
 
 
 

Another goal I had was more quality family time. Recently we were gone for more sports this past weekend and took time to hang out as a family and do some antique shopping. My hubby and I both like a lot of vintage and antique things and have our own collections. We've been passing that love down to our kiddos so they're starting to appreciate the beauty of antiques as well. During our little shopping trip I found a couple of treasures:


I'm obsessed with embroidered linens, table cloths and doilies and all of those kinds of lovely goodies. I loved this purple and lavender runner that was singing a song of Spring to me! (**can you spot the valentine decoration I made from another post recently?)

 
 

I also grabbed this old McCoy planter. I love the red bird in the middle of it! I collect depression era Weller and Roseville pottery, but I love a lot of McCoy pieces as well. Especially any vintage pottery with a nature theme to fit in with the north woods feel in my home. (check out the additional bonus peek at the few valentines decorations I have - including my new sparkly heart banner I put on our mantle)

 

That's my weigh in this week.  I'm curious now - do any of you use pinterest and if so do you create from your pins very often?

 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. You're not alone Carrie. I would need ten lifetimes to do all the pins I have, and I think most people could say the same. Good for you for putting your pins to good use. It's sorta like eating an elephant...one bite at a time. (Unless of course you're my hubby in which case you polish that sucker off in a New York minute.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love it Doreen! Well amen to that then - I'm not alone or lacking in some capacity while the rest of the Gals out there are checking off their pins like their grocery list.

      The over achiever in me will chill out now and enjoy my elephant one bite at a time like a true Lady (& not a man!).

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your chicken sounds delicious!! Definitely worth making. I am "on" pinterest, but haven't pinned anything for ages. I find that with blogging - it is nearly midnight here! - and everything else I don't have the time or inclination to pin! I get inspiration from blogland and hold ideas in my head or my notebook and then either make them or pass on. It is fun to pin things though and have a look around isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Amy - you're the hardest working blogger I know, so I can easily believe that pinterest time would be difficult to come by for you. Especially with all the beautiful crafts you're always making too!! It is something that I go long periods of time not looking at as well, purely a guilty pleasure when I have time. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Carrie - oh, do I love Pinterest! I do try to limit my time on it, so I will stay away for weeks at a time, but recently spent a whole evening making a new board; 'Picnic'. My daughter loves it, too, and is pinning ideas for her new home (that she is saving to buy). The recipe looks absolutely decadent - something I would love to make for a family dinner! (I am pinning it) and I love your vintage finds. I am obsessed with old linens, too - and they are getting harder to find. I love that you and your hubby each have your own collections, too! Mine collects interesting wooden boxes, tobacco collectibles and old tools. I collect anything I like - ha ha ha! I will definitely 'follow' you on Pinterest and I like your idea of taking time to actually use and make those ideas collected. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gazing at your goodies on pinterest too. I love the picnic board and your vintage ephemera speaks to my soul!! It's so fun even just as inspiration or something that does your heart good (even without trying to make everything ) - isn't it?

      And pinterest is a wonderful tool for when renovating or plans like your daugther's. I've used it many times for that and the added bonus is that there are no extra folders and paperwork hanging around my house! Lol

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do find a lot of inspiration on blogs and websites, I have looked at Pinterest but I think that'd be fatal if I started pinning too! I bookmark sites in various folders on my iPad and have random pages on my home page too which drives hubby mad as he can't ever find anything! Lol!

    I love old linens etc, have a stash that belonged to my dear grandma, very treasured possessions. Maybe I should write a post about them! xx

    ReplyDelete