Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy new week to All! Another quick weekend come and gone. We were busy with kiddos sports this weekend which made it really fly by.  My hubby was so sweet and treated us with goodies for Valentine's day and even got me some red roses (my fave), chocolates, and a sweet card. It was clich√© I know - but all things I love and so I loved every second of it!! Hope you were all treated extra special too.


 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Supposed to be pretty good day (maybe hit 20 again like last Monday) - but it will feel extra wonderful if it gets that warm, as we've had another dip in temps this past week so it's been really cold! The funny thing is that it's supposed to get cold again after today for the whole week.  I know Spring is on the horizon out there somewhere. I believe, I believe, I believe...If I think it enough I know it will come true, right? 

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 of an English muffin and a little yogurt and raspberries. Of course coffee too(with hazelnut creamer) as I need to wake up!

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

The sky is gray and light snow falling. Sort of sleepy feeling day. Still a coating of white from earlier snow too, so just kind of white all around. Not much action by critters that I can see.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to some morning news, sipping coffee and getting my daughter's lunch packed for school. I need to go pick up my mom-in-law soon too.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual culprits - dishes sticking around and needing washing. Laundry piling and begging to be cleaned. Kiddos leaving some clothes and clutter here and there -for moi to put back in their places. Sigh.

 
 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Planning out my week actually. Need to grab some groceries (as always), but may not be up for that today and with the snow. Maybe MIL and I will snuggle in and find projects together to get done around here. Getting a much needed haircut and color this week and thinking I may be in need of a treat/splurge and get a pedicure too. Hhhmmmm - will think about that one and really may need to schedule it up!!

 
CURRENTLY READING:

Still kind of between books and actually picked up some fun additional magazines besides my subscriptions. They're my addiction I guess and always have a lovely little pile to gaze through. However, I share the wealth and always pass them on to family members and friends when I finish them. I will get back to books soon though!!

 
ON THE TV TODAY:

Need to catch up on a couple of episodes of Grantchester.  I watched the SNL 40th anniversary last night and loved it! I have been an SNL junkie for many years (since a junior high/high schooler!) so it was very fun for me to go down memory lane. Of course watched Downton too. I've been loving it but feel like it's in a weird transition this season...like the show is not sure which way it wants to go. And I have a question****spoiler alert ahead to turn away if needed:  - about what Tom said about leaving... is he leaving the show for good does anyone know?

 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I'm not sure what I want to make this week - still working on my grocery list. I will be sharing my beef stroganoff recipe this week as I didn't get to sharing it last week. I'm thinking this week I may make a creamy potato soup for an in-law meal (& bring them sandwiches and fruit). I'm also thinking of something easy like sloppy joes. My Dad-in-law likes them and I haven't made them in a while. Good with chips and a salad. Feeling frosted rice krispies bars as a dessert to share with them as well.

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still working on my embellished journal and can't wait to share with you all in the future!! 

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I still didn't make my new chicken recipe and will do that probably tonight before I will make the new things planned for this week. Will share that in the future too!

 
FROM THE CAMERA:
Valentine love from a dressed up Ruby to Grandma
 
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'm linking with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

 

10 comments:

  1. I love magazines! I like to find them for free though so it means we always have an interesting variety floating around here. I just signed up for a free subscription to Family Circle this morning and have been thoroughly enjoying the Popular Science one I found somewhere or other. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely a gal after my own heart Jean! Sounds like a great deal on FC!!
      Have a great week as well. xo

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love that inspiration - so important to remember in this disposable world! What a sweet picture too!

    Curious about the "embellished journal" and the beef stroganoff recipe.

    Hope you get some sun and warmth soon - have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about our world - at least at times. We need to remember to take care of our gifts, that's for sure.

      Will be posting recipe probably Thursday and about journal soon.

      Wishing you sunshine and a lovely week too!! xo

      Delete
  3. I love Valentine's Day too! Mushy cards, flowers, and candy? What's there not to love? And I like how you dressed up your dog... I tried to tie a red ribbon around my kitten's collar but she unraveled it within minutes. Enjoy your cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those "warm fuzzy's" on Valentines are the best - and really hit the spot in February while waiting out the long winter.

      The groomer actually dolled up our Ruby - I don't think I'd be able to do it very well on my own either. Lol

      Give your kitten kisses. They are the CUTEST!! ;)

      Delete
  4. You really are wanting warm weather thinking about pedicures!! LOL. Something I have never done, my feet are too ticklish, I have given many while I attended beauty school. I do my own, and I like to be able to see my pretty painted toes when I do, and right now I can't give up the fuzzy socks, :). "Laundry begging to be cleaned" too funny...that's why mine is in the basement, I don't have to listen to it. LOL. Have a great week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wanting it SOOOO badly! I really think I may have a problem. Cabin fever must be a true disease!!! Lol

      Oh I feel for you poor kiddo. A pedi is one of the great joys in life...too bad you're that ticklish!! Massages are just as wonderful, are you able to do those? That would definitely help make up for the ticklish pedi thing.

      I think I'll start wearing headphones around my house - especially on Mondays to drowned out the laundry. :)

      Happy week dear Friend. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I hope that you are having a good week, I am running behind! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ever put too much pressure on yourself dear Gal! Love your visits when you have time - but always here either way. Take time for YOU! xoxo

      Delete