Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Well it was a lovely, but fast, weekend.  We were actually out-of-town visiting relatives and I have a few fun things to share about that tomorrow.  On to this week though...


 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Back to cold - single digits! This does not help my Spring fever problems. Ugh!!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Strawberry shredded wheat and breakfast blend coffee and creamer.

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Kind of clear - cold. Some snow still on the ground and deck.  Good day to stay snuggled inside! At least we're all finally healthy now, for the most part.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Hanging out with my mom-in-law so doing some brief answers for HHM today. I have a work crew here working on our back hallway and the rest of the renovation. I can't wait until it's all done in the future to share with you all!

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

A few house jobs to be done but not too bad. I knew that it would be hectic AM so had things completed last night.

 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Probably head out of the house chaos for a bit with the mom-in-law and run some errands and get some groceries (needed after being gone for the weekend).

 
CURRENTLY READING:

 I haven't started my next books and recently received next issues of a lot of my magazine subscriptions so catching up on those currently.  Loved suggestions for next books to read from a few of you - thanks for the great heads up!!

 
ON THE TV TODAY:

We watched the Super Bowl last night. It was a rather crazy game! I thought the half time show was pretty entertaining. Shout out of sympathy to my friend Karen - so sorry Seahawks lost dear Gal. It was a wild ending...I don't understand why they passed on that last play.  Crazy! Still need to catch up on Downton from the other night and see what else taped from the weekend.

 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I think I may make tacos for at least one of the meals this week and if I do I'll share our family taco recipe. It's a bit different than the usual kind of dry taco meat - almost sloppy joe like in texture. This was the way they always made them in my hubby's family so it's what I've been used to for a long time.

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Many things in the works as always...family album, my personalized cookbook, and I've kind of started a valentines bunting I'll share down the line if I end up liking/using it. 

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I may actually make a pinterest dessert that's new and will share that later if I do as well!

 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM CAMERA:

I keep dreaming of SPRING!!!  Sigh.

 
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Do not conform anymore to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

I'm linking with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

19 comments:

  1. Argh stupid phone can't even spell my name right
    JILL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Jill - I'm still loving it too. Makes me smile every time I walk by.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely little house! Can't wait to see your Valentine bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fairy house! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much - you have a wonderful week as well!!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the Superbowl... I didn't really have a preference for either team but boy would I have been upset if I were a Seahawks fan!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously - such a crazy game and that ending was ridiculous!

      Delete
  5. Love these posts of yours. Love your fairy house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Helen - I want to move in to that fairy house!! Lol

      Delete
  6. You are one busy girl, Carrie - whew, I'm tired just reading this! I am so depressed that the Seahawks lost - oh we were feeling pretty smug, so that is what we get! *grin*. It was a great game and we enjoyed every minute of it. There's always next year! I am interested in your taco recipe - love sloppy joe's and hate dry tacos. I still want to make your chili recipe - it looks so delicious! I have always wanted to make a cookbook scrapbook, what a great idea! It is so nice that you have a close relationship with your MIL. We always lived so far away from mine, but we tried to visit back and forth often. This time of year really drags on, doesn't it? It's good to stay busy. Love the inspiration today <3. Hope your week is a good one, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That game was just a bummer bummer bummer! Especially when you feel like you just KNOW it could have ended differently. But you're right - nothing you can do now but wait for next year (when the Packers will take it - haha!!).

      I will probably post the taco recipe Thursday so stay tuned! I've been deep in projects as they keep me sane in between the crazy busy of life. I keep trying to treasure every moment with my MIL while I still have parts of "her", as it feels often like we're losing her fast. I feel blessed to live so close and be able to help take care of her....but it's definitely not easy.

      You have wonderful recipes - you should think about a cookbook scrapbook dear Lady!

      Have a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I didn't care either way who won the Superbowl but I was cheering on the Seahawks and hated to see them lose at the end like that. I still think technically, the Kansas City Chiefs won since they beat both those teams during the regular season ;) I am very ready for Spring as well. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about the Chiefs that way - but good point Jean! This winter is crawling by and I'm hoping our state groundhog was right - that Spring will show up EARLY!!
      Have a wonderful week too. xo

      Delete
  8. I too want spring, but old Phil says otherwise as did our weather today, but I love that fairy cottage. Love your quote this week also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy!! Phil can always be wrong - I've never heard that groundhogs were perfect. Lol

      Thanks and have a great week dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  9. So lovely to see your favourite photo again! It sounds as though you are very busy now with all sorts going on. Hope you are having a good week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy! It's a busy one - but sometimes that's good because it keeps me out of trouble. Lol ;)

      Delete