Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday! I hope it was a wonderful weekend for you. We had quite a productive one.  My hubby was doing some painting on more of our renovation work and we moved all of our bedroom furniture around and did some early Spring cleaning in there. It felt good to get that done! On to the adventures of this week!!


 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Pretty mild today! Almost 20 already this AM and supposed to hit close to 30 degrees. Woo hoo - it's a heat wave!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Nothing exciting - some toast and coffee. Good creamer though: white chocolate mocha. Yum!

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It's kind of cloudy - a little dusting of white so a little more of that all around. I can't wait for Spring when I will see more birds out my window and hear them singing away in the mornings.  Sigh. I fear I have a while yet to wait.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sipping my coffee as I gaze out the window and get my day all planned out. Ruby is snuggled on my lap - all is well with the world.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

It's pretty tidy due to the busy work we did this weekend. Have the usual loads of laundry to do, but that's ALWAYS a given.  Show me a person that has kids and ALL of their laundry done and I will declare them a miracle worker!!

 
 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Finishing my grocery list. Will pick up my mom-in-law soon and we will need to do our usual Monday run for errands and groceries. I truly enjoy saving some of these things for days I have her as it gives us something to do and I think she likes feeling useful helping me out (pushing cart, grabbing items). Need to get my Ruby in for her haircut and tonight I go to a meeting at my son's school to talk about his transition to high school next year. Gasp!! A high school teenager?!? When did that happen???

 
CURRENTLY READING:

 I can't decide what I want to read next. I still feel this pull to stay dedicated to finishing Outlander, but I have so many other fun books lined up (especially with good ideas from several of you blogger friends) and I can't make up my mind! Maybe that's the libra in me - we're supposed to be indecisive or something I think. What do you think? Lol

 
ON THE TV TODAY:

Need to catch up on my Pioneer Woman (love her show each Sat on food network) and I also have Downton taped.

 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I think I may make a new chicken dish this week (off of pinterest) and maybe beef stroganoff as my hubby has been asking for it. I have a really yummy recipe for it that we just LOVE. I will share in the future one way or another - even if it's not this week.

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I'm kind of kicking around the idea of a new little project that I may do just as a give away. I love when other blogs do fun things like that & I even won jewelry once from a fashion related blog I like. I just love my wonderful new blogging family so much and have such fun with you all each week that I'd love to give back in some way.  Maybe it's corny because I'm still so new to this blogging game and I don't know if I could figure out how to do it a true way with a give away "tool", but if any of you express interest I will think about doing it and would just have my daughter draw names out of a dish or something. Lol 

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I didn't get to that pinterest dessert last week, but think I'm going to give it a go this week as it's valentine's related - so stay tuned!

 

 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM CAMERA:

 
 
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
 
 
 

I'm linking with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

 

12 comments:

  1. Love that inspirational quote! And now I'm craving beef stroganoff. Love that fun Valentiny banner from your picture. We're supposed to see the 40's but it's still rainy and windy so I'll stay in as much as possible. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer that you can't really enjoy the 40's with wind and rain. Boo! Glad you like the banner and I hope to post my stroganoff recipe later in the the week. It's a little different than the usual I think. You have a great week too! xo

      Delete
  2. How exciting to have got some renovation work and early spring cleaning done, very satisfying!! That's a wonderful quote, how true. It's been a little warmer here today and I am willing spring to come too, Carrie! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear - it just can't come fast enough this year! Let's go mother nature...bring us some Spring soon!!
      Once we get all done with our projects I'll post about it down the line.
      Have a lovely week sweet Gal!! xo

      Delete
  3. I like that view, and the quote too! I have Pioneer Woman and Downton Abby saved to watch too. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike my Mari-girl! Lol

      Delete
  4. That beef stroganoff sounds delicious...and I'm not supposed to be getting hungry at 11 p.m. local time! What are you doing to me?!

    Only we Northerners can think of a 20 degree day as warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send some your way Bethany! Lol

      I know - how sad is that? We get excited if it's above 10 degrees! Lol
      Oh well, makes us appreciate the nice days even more. ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You too dear Amy! Hope everything is back on track for you now. ;)

      Delete
  6. Love these posts of yours! LOL about any Mum having all her washing done being a miracle worker.....you don't want to know what my house looks like, me having been ill for the past 3/4 days....!!! Love the Helen Keller quote....good luck with your giveaway: I'm sure everyone would be excited to join in (and possibly win!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Helen! I love when you pop by to say hi. You always make my day. ;)

      Delete