Friday, February 20, 2015

Five on Friday: Paintings




Today I'm doing my first link up with my friend Amy for Five on Friday. My five things today are 5 of my favorite paintings in my home.  My hubby and I have loved a relatively local artist from Minnesota that was an art professor at a university not far from us. He's an amazing watercolor artist and has had his artwork featured as illustrations in several books. You can read about him here. His name is Cheng-Khee Chee and we have been collecting his artwork since before we were married. I think we have about 10 (unless I'm missing any) of his watercolors signed by him and framed and hanging in our home. I'm limited on time so I took some quick photos of my top 5 and I even removed some from the walls to try to take a photo without the glare...however they're all framed in glass and there was still some reflecting (you might spot me in some of them- LOL) - so please excuse all of that and try to enjoy the beauty of the paintings. Here they are:


This one with roses we received as a wedding gift from friends and hangs above the sofa in our family/tv room
 
 
 
This one on our mantle is of a cathedral in St. Paul, MN that my hubby and I both love. We have visited that cathedral several times because it's so beautiful and have even gone to mass there once!
 
 
 
This is one of our most recent Chee purchases. We needed a painting for in our back hallway where we're finishing our renovation. I loved this one for it's gorgeous colors and also because my late Grandma, whom I was very close to,  loved hummingbirds so much and fed them all summer every year. It makes me think of her.
 
 
 
This was our very first Chee purchase and one of my all time favorites. It hangs in our bedroom and is called "sleigh ride". It's just so soothing in color and fun in spirit. Love it!!
 
 
 
 
The last one had to be a tie because I love both of these beauties so much. They're both of Fall scenes. The one on the left is some folks hiking in an Autumn woods and the one on the right is chickadees on sunflowers. My favorite season and 2 of my favorite paintings.
 
 

Thanks to Amy for hosting and letting me share my favorite art work from an amazing artist!! I've leave you with a little video I shot of my backyard today that is kind of pretty as a picture. Happy weekend to All. xo

 
 
 
 
 




10 comments:

  1. Your paintings are lovely! How great that you can collect this artists work. I really like the cathedral and the sleigh, they are wonderful, especially as the cathedral one obviously means a lot to you. I liked your video of the yarn too, it looks so pretty with the snow softly falling! Thank you so much for joining in! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - and thanks for hosting such a fun feature! Look forward to many more. xo

      Delete
  2. Some lovely artwork my favourite is the one with the hummingbird, such wonderful colour, keep warm in all that snow
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! The hummingbird has become one of my favorites now too. ;)

      Delete
  3. These paintings are beautiful!! I love the cathedral and the sleigh ride. I also like this link up, I hope to join in on this one. I usually try to do Five Minute Friday, where you get a word to write about for five minutes, but that isn't always easy, lol. Thanks for sharing!! I also loved your video, makes me want to get a nice hot cup of coffee and just watch it over and over. :) Such beautiful scenery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie - I look forward to linking up to this one lots more too!

      Wish you were closer we could share a cozy cup together and chat as we watched the snow come down. Happy to share a piece of my world with ya! xo

      Delete
  4. These are wonderful, Carrie - so nice to have such a large collection of paintings by the same artist. I can see why you love them so. I love your most recent hummingbird painting. The colors are so beautiful and it is a nice memento of your dear Grandmother. The video is just lovely, too. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen my Girl!
      I love them all so much really...it was difficult picking top 5. My hubby and I knew we wanted to do a kind of "uniform" artwork decorating in our house by primarily using all of the same artist. However, I love that he actually has a nice wide range of different colors and "looks" to each of his paintings - but all with a nature foundation - which I love!

      Blessings for a great day! xo

      Delete
  5. What a lovely share. Thank you for the glimpse of a new painter. Had not heard of him before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to share a little piece of my world - and love sharing this amazing painter! Thanks for popping by and checking it out. ;)
      xo

      Delete