Thursday, August 20, 2015

BBQ Bacon Cheesy Chicken

First of all I wanted to share how I do easy baked chicken. My hubby likes it to be more moist - and not as crunchy. I often make a basic parmesan chicken. But to increase some flavors I'll sometimes add other yummy things like I did for this chicken:




Here's how I make the base which is my parmesan chicken. 

Take a family pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Salt and pepper them well. You can pound them out thinner if you prefer, or if you need to save time and have them cook faster. I left mine as they were this time. Preheat oven to 375*.


Take a couple of dishes and to one add real mayonnaise (I use the light version). To another add Italian bread crumbs and some parmesan cheese. I don't measure anything out but I would guess I used about a cup or so of crumbs and 1/2 a cup of cheese. The crumbs have a lot of flavor already so I don't add additional seasonings.


Coat each breast in mayo. I use this instead of the traditional egg/flour combo. One, it saves on time and dishes. And two, it provides for a more moist and less crispy coating - which my hubby prefers.



Then I coat each piece with the cheese/crumb mixture.


Place chicken on a foil lined sheet pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, or I often melt a little butter on the bottom of the pan and get it hot, and then take it out and place the chicken on it. To have your chicken be a little more crispy use cooking spray. Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick you left your chicken. Then remove pan and spoon a favorite BBQ sauce on each piece and place 2 pieces of cooked bacon on top. Then either sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese, or I used thin slices of cheddar, on top of each piece. Place back in oven for another 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through in the middle. 


Then dish it up with some favorite sides. I served this the day I made the cheesy slow cooker hashbrowns. They were perfect with this dish along with some yummy mixed vegetables. Enjoy!



12 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!! Thank you!!!!
    I have all ingredients for this now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick and easy favorite of mine, so hope you enjoy Billie Jo! ;)

      Delete
  2. YUM! I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to have chicken with some of my favorite flavors and this is what happened. Hope you enjoy Renee! xo

      Delete
  3. This looks really good, going to have to try this one...you had me at bacon!! I also like to use mayo, I just think the chicken turns out better, I use a pastry brush to coat mine, it's easier and makes me look like a real chef, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bacon loving kindred spirt! I love the chefy pastry brush touch. I'm so remember that for next time! Lol ;) xo

      Delete
  4. I knew when I saw the name of this recipe I'd be making it. Bacon, BBQ sauce and cheese are my hubbies favorite things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's not to love, right? Lol Enjoy Mari!! Hope Bob likes it too. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm getting pretty hungry this evening for some reason...will be heading to the kitchen for a snack soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great compliment Bethany! So glad it looks and sounds appetizing. ;)
      I think it's pretty tasty. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow, this looks like an amazing dish! Such a delicious combination of ingredients! I can't wait to try it this. Thank you for yet another fabulous looking recipe, Carrie! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete