Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Scrapbook Catch Up

I've still been working away on my daughter's school years album. I was initially farther behind than I remembered in hers - so I've really been working to catch up. 


My kiddos' school years albums are really fun to work on and they are a perfect project for this time of year. It's fun to look back on their teachers, sports and school events...just as we're getting ready to embrace a brand new school year. 


I love these soccer pages I'm currently working on now. I actually purchased them on Etsy quite a few years ago. It's fun to see the paper craft talents of others and when I have found certain things (like these pages) that are so perfect, I have chosen to go that route and not make them myself for that layout. I'm not done with the pages yet as I want to add some more action shots that I'll cut out using my circle cutter..and have some round photos on the page.


I love the ribbon across the top of the photo. I love that soccer player cut-out too! 


I took a photo of Annie on the field - with her number on the back- and cut it out and I love how it looks next to this larger posed photo of her.



Isn't that water bottle adorable? I like the textured paper that's also on the heart in the first page.


I'm just continuing to have fun back-to-school thoughts as I catch up on this school years album! Are you big into back-to-school world? Or working on a fun project? 




8 comments:

  1. Those are really cute pages. It sure is fun to look back at them, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! My daughter especially seems to appreciate looking back on them already. Sometimes we'll sit down together and look through and read her baby scrapbook like a bedtime story. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. You are so organized Carrie, and super productive! I always feel like I'm busy, but have nothing to show for it. lol Can I kidnap you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh if you only knew Doreen! I must put on a good show here, as I'm NO where near as organized as I'd like to be. I'm still behind in so many things - but I have a rhyme and reason to a lot of it and plans for it all. Always planning if that counts!? Lol
      I would love to be kidnapped and I'd have such fun going crazy with someone else's goodies! ;) Or, if only you lived close by and you could pop over for a day to scrap away together. Maybe then we could both be productive. I have lots of materials I could share! And open a bottle of wine too....(although then we wouldn't get anything done!) xoxo

      Delete
  3. You are amazing how well you keep up with the scrapbooks! They look awesome, so much detail and love :-) Great job!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't let me fool you Jill - I don't keep up enough! Thanks so much though. I dream of being finished someday, but I doubt I'll ever really get there. ::sigh::
      However, I'm grateful for all that I've been able to accomplish and I'll keep plugging away as it's absolutely a labor of love for me. And I just love doing it too! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your scrapbook pages look awesome! Fun to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Bethany! It's such a labor of love but I enjoy every second I get to work on them. ;) xo

      Delete