Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Well Happy Monday to All! This past weekend I spent time in some other northwoods having a family reunion. My Aunt owns my Grandma's old house and it's on a lake in the middle of the northwoods a little south of us. We try to gather once a summer there like we used to do when my Gram was still alive. It's a big old house (9 kids were raised there) and I have the best memories there! It's such a great weekend of aunts, uncles, cousins, games, swimming, food, laughs and fun! We got in some family soccer, ladder ball, porch board games, pontoon rides, and BBQ. It was wonderful and so hard to leave everyone! 


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

A little cooler weather has arrived, but I'm not complaining. In the upper 80's gets a bit warm for me. So I love weather like today...low 70's with nice breeze and partly cloudy. Just lovely! Supposed to be like this all week too.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

We had strawberry scones and coffee. Yummy! Annie and her cousin that slept over had milk - and maybe some peanut butter toast too.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I'm actually sitting outside on my patio table with my MIL while we visit and she throws the ball for Ruby now and then. The Girls (Annie and her cousin) are playiing out in the driveway riding bikes and scooters. The teenager sleeps (what's new) Lol!


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to the wind rustle the leaves all around us on the hill. A crow was just being noisy off in the distance somewhere. The birds aren't singing away as loudly as they usually do. Maybe the crow chased them off? I just watered all of my flowers too.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I threw in another load of laundry from our recent trip before I came outside. The girls will need to pick up their sleepover messes pretty soon before we head out for a fun afternoon.


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Since my niece is over (& it's her birthday!) thought we'd go do some fun things. We made it back for soccer practice last night and my niece had her birthday on the weekend so Annie had to miss it. So her mom was cool and let her come home with Annie after soccer for a sleepover and to give her some presents. I think we'll head to the library, then go out to a restaurant for lunch and play on a playground that's nearby the restaurant. Then my niece will go with to Annie's piano lesson and get a front row seat! Then the girls have their first soccer game tonight and my SIL is bringing cupcakes to the game!



CURRENTLY READING:

I recently got more fun end of summer magazines in the mail so catching up on those!


ON THE TV TODAY:

I don't know what's taped for sure as I'm still catching up from being gone all weekend.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I'm not sure but here's what I have in mind: TONIGHT - cheese ravioli (trying to be healthier and do kind of a meatless Monday thing) with garlic bread and salad. TUESDAY - cheddar bacon BBQ chicken, cheesy hashbrowns and veggies WEDNESDAY -annie's other soccer game so maybe grab Subway THURSDAY- BBQ meatballs I didn't make last week with baked potatoes and salad. We have Annie's final summer traveling hockey tourney this weekend. So at least get a few dinners to the in-law's.


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Nothing new right now but a few ideas brewing for when life slows down and I get to concentrate more on my things. Is it bad that I'm kind of excited for back to school? More free "mommy time" is starting to sound better and better! Lol


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new as of yet - but menu may always change! 



TIP OF THE WEEK:

When I'm traveling like last weekend and I know I'll have wet towels and swimming suits I like to bring extra plastic or garbage bags to throw them in. If I bring a big garbage bag it also works as a big dirty clothes bag that we can just keep adding to as the weekend goes on.


FROM THE CAMERA:
REUNION FUN!

soccer games: cousin families playing each other (even us Mom's participated!)


pontoon heading to the dock for new passengers!



cousins swam all day long!



Me and my Gal


we even celebrated one of my cousin's daughter's birthday



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Theres No Place Like Home Except The Lake sign is hand painted to look rustic. Made on 12x 12 outdoor plywood with a wire hanger on top for
image from pinterest

We're off onto our busy day! I'll come around and catch up with folks later when I have time. Have a wonderful week!! I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful and busy weekend! Love your tip of the week. We do that as well. Funny, I was working on a post about organized vacations and that is one of my tips. Well, it will be should I ever get the post finished and published-LOL. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Jean - great minds think alike! Have a wonderful week too my friend. xo

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend, I have my own family reunion coming up not this weekend but the next and I know it will be fun, but crazy busy hahaha

    Hope you have a fantastic week my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been having lots of family time over the past several months haven't you? Sending best wishes that it all goes smoothly and you get great weather and lots of fun!! xo

      Delete
  3. Happy Monday, my friend!
    I'm glad you had a fun weekend...
    And I hope you have a lovely week ahead!
    I am always interested in your menu too! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings for a wonderful week ahead to you too beautiful blond bombshell! :)
      xo

      Delete
  4. It is reunion time in blogland! I love hearing about families gathering. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that way doesn't it Terri? Lol 'Tis the season I guess. Blessings on a lovely week ahead. xo

      Delete
  5. Your weekend sounds like so much fun. I love that you go back to your grandparents house. The photos show the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! It was wonderful!! Hope you have a fun week ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful time with your family!!! I hope that it will be a great week for you too. Love the photo of you and Annie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was so wonderful. I like that photo too. ;)
      Have a great week my Dear!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Your weekend looks and sounds like so much fun!
    Strawberry scones... yum!!
    What a fun birthday you planned for your niece. So nice when cousins are of the same age/gender and can grow up together.
    Delicious menu plans - especially Cheddar Bacon BBQ Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely Laura. Hard when it has to end and we have to say good bye.
      Your menu always sounds delish too!!
      Blessings for a beautiful week ahead. xo

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a pleasant end of the summer style week with family! And strawberry scones sound delicious!! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete