Monday, August 24, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Here we are again - back to Monday! It was a lovely weekend here- hope it was for you too. We spent some time with family and friends, which is always a wonderful thing. We had my in-law's over one night for pizza and a pontoon ride. It was so fun! And then we had friends over another night, and it's always wonderful catching up. Finally, yesterday we took my Dad out for his birthday. Lots of good quality time! Now on to the week ahead.


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Cloudy, windy and cool today. Definitely feel the Fall in the air. Only supposed to hit lower 60's today. First part of this week is supposed to stay cool like that. Later in the week it is supposed to warm back up into the 70's.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

We had a little treat this AM and my MIL and I  had a glazed donut, apple slices and coffee. It just hit the spot.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Getting more cloudy and wondering if it's going to rain. See everyone's garbage can up by the road for pick up today. I noticed some had garbage on the ground when I went to get my MIL. The bears have been coming back into town, as they often do in the Fall, looking for food again before hibernation. We need to keep our garbage in the garage in the Spring and Fall for that reason.


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Snuggling in the easy chair as I type this and visit with my MIL and watch the morning news. She's snuggling and petting and talking to Ruby.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Not too bad - throw in the usual load of laundry but everything else pretty tidy.


ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

I need to take my son to his workout class, but then thinking I'm going to take him into the walk-in. He's had a cough for weeks and it's not getting better, and this weekend it was getting pretty bad where he'd have horrible coughing fits and couldn't breath well. He's a teenager and does not want to go, but with all of his sports and starting school, he doesn't get a choice! Then we have my daughter's soccer game tonight. Very busy week ahead with kiddo's final goings-on during the day before back to school next week. 


CURRENTLY READING:

I've been having such fun reading some new Fall magazines coming in the mail. I am truly enjoying these final weeks of summer, but Fall is starting to hover in the background ready to jump into my world very soon! I've also been reading some Fall cookbooks and love the Autumn tips as well as the recipes. I can't help myself! It's my favorite season!! (the above all still applies to this week again!) 


ON THE TV TODAY:

I have some America's got Talent I need to catch up on and Cedar Cove. Also some old movies taped.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY - eat up leftovers from meatloaf dinner yesterday.  TUESDAY- Polish sausage on the grill, baked beans, salad, chips, fruit  WEDNESDAY - out for my FIL's bday after my daughter's soccer game THURSDAY- egg bake with sausage and veggies, muffins, fruit FRIDAY - ? get groceries


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I worked on my daughter's school years album and getting very close to having it caught up. I need to work on her baby book too. Her baby scrapbook has been done for years, but I have a traditional baby book for each of my kiddos. My son's are all done, but I was good about working on my daughter's at the start and then started just saving her MD appt updates and information on little slips of paper and need to put them all in her book.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Probably nothing new this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

Don't have anything today, and limited on time. Will have something next week!

FROM THE CAMERA:

It was a relaxing evening by the new fire table after the pontoon ride this weekend. I love the pretty glass - it's quite hypnotizing to watch as well as warm and snuggly to sit beside. We had s'mores too of course! Lol


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy HOmemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. We should be neighbors...
    We could swap fall magazines...recipes...and treats.
    Have a cozy day! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooowww!!! Wouldn't that be lovely? ::sigh:: At least we get to kind of do that here in cyber world (although not quite the same thing). Especially too bad we can't trade treats through the screen. Lol
      Blessings on your week beautiful Lady! xo

      Delete
  2. Your fire pit is rockin'! Also, when I was a kid, pontoon rides were my favorite :)
    Have an awesome week, I hope your son gets to feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanna! I so love the pontoon boat!! We had more of a speed boat before and it was so loud and just not my thing. The pontoon is so peaceful and relaxing. ;)
      I hope we have my son on the right track now (& with correct meds). HOpe you have a great week! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week ahead! I hope your FIL has a good birthday and that you enjoy the dinner! Hope that your son gets better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! I think we have Aaron with better meds and on the right track now. Hope you have a wonderful week! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So missing your weather right now. I always loved this time of year back there. Great camera shots of the perfect fire pit for this time of year!

    Perfect inspirational reminder to us all. You know the old joke, "Man Plans, God Laughs". I think we all need a little reminder that we are NOT truly in charge.

    Hav a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy. I wish I could bottle up our weather and pretty changing leaves and ship it right to you! ;)
      I agree - we always need to be mindful of the One running the show... and it's not us!!
      Hope you have a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

      Delete
  5. It's been cloudy here too, looked like rain all day, but none so far.
    Thankfully we have no bears here. :)
    I love your fire table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! So happy for you that you don't need to deal with the bears. Such a pain! Lol xo

      Delete
  6. Sounds like such a cozy day you're having... Perfect morning for glazed donuts and coffee!
    That quote is great - I love it!
    I can't believe how cool your weather has been - one of the things I love most about blogging is discovering little everyday details like climate variations around the nation.
    Which magazines do you read regularly? I'm a long time Better Homes and Gardens fan.
    Meatloaf sounds delicious - enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I've been loving our weather too - and it really helps me embrace Fall and let go of summer. I'm ready!
      I have quite a few subscriptions - as I'm addicted to some favorite magazines! Lol I get Better Homes & Gardens (a fave of mine too), Country Living, Midwest Living, HGTV magazine and People. So I always have a lot of mags to catch up on! ;) xo

      Delete
  7. A fire pit table and s’mores…does it get any better than that? I love the quote too. Hope your son is feeling better. If he’s having trouble sleeping from the cough, put a thick layer of Vick’s vapor rub on the bottom of his feet, and then cover with some cotton socks. Yes…it feels very creepy, but it works!! My daughter would not do it at first when she was sick once, and once she did, she couldn’t believe how well it works.

    Bears?!?! Oh my!! I thought dealing with raccoons were bad where I used to live.

    Now I have a taste for Apple Slices, :-) Have a great week CareBear…enjoy your last week of summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you talking about the vick's trick before Carrie Ann - definitely need to give that one a go! He's not as much cold symptom now....just can't kick this cough. The doc thinks he may have sports induced asthma too. He's doing strong mucinex now and have prescription for inhaler.

      The bears are such a pain in the rear! I don't feel worried or threatened - haven't had those issues. Just nuisance black bears. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Oh my, you have bears coming to visit?! Hoping your son's cough gets better soon....(I definitely recommend the Vicks Vapour Rub trick, too)...love your table! How cool!!!! [Can't wait to see your Autumn photos that will no doubt start appearing on your blog soon!!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, those darn bears are such a nuisance! I have often had to bang a pot with a metal spoon really loud to shoo them away! The worst part is the mess they make of the garbage. Thus, we keep it in our garage. Just part of northwoods living. ;)
      Autumn photos coming soon!! xo

      Delete