Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Memory Lane Soccer Layout

I have such fun looking back at some of my completed scrapbooks and going down memory lane. Lots of times I like to do it for inspiration in creating new layouts, but mostly I love reminiscing about the past. It can be so fun to just feel nostalgic sometimes.

I was looking back at this soccer layout from when my son was 5 years old. He played in youth YMCA soccer then and it was in the Spring and it is often COLD up here in the north! My hubby and BIL coached his team (my nephew was on it too). I can't believe those 2 boys in the upper right hand photo (my son and his cousin) are now going to be playing high school soccer. Yikes! Does that make me feel old.



I do my kiddos sports in their school years albums and in my family albums as well. This layout is in my family album. Can you see how cold it is in that background. No leaves on the trees yet. Early Spring in the northwoods can often still have snow! Bbrrrr! I love the layered look with papers - as I did on this page. I used a fun pack that went together with matching papers, stickers and die cuts. I used the cloud back drop paper and then layered a polka dot and striped one on top. Throw in an adorable boy soccer player and it's perfect!




Here's the full layout all together. In a lot of my kids' school or sports scrapping pages I like to use these cute kid packs or stickers. I believe they're "Me and My Big Ideas" brand which have the cute little kids stickers or die cuts and back drops that look like a kiddo drew it. I love that! 

We're big into soccer season now. In high school for my son they've started practices (it's a Fall sport for boys  in H.S.) and my daughter's community youth soccer has begun as well. I really enjoy watching soccer and it reminds me how close Autumn really is now! At one of my daughter's games I've already had to snuggle under a blanket and some geese even flew over. True signs of my favorite season!

10 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on these pages.... it's always so great to look back on them as we complete them through the years. Still have so many of mine to catch up on, but I love taking too many pictures I think and lately just overwhelming! LOL. Have a great evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I still have to catch up too! I think I'm at least 2 years behind in my family albums. Hoping this Fall will be much more productive.
      Blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your layouts are always cute!
    I saw some geese fly over yesterday. I'm not ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I know - part of me is excited for Fall....but most of me wants to squeeze in more summer things I haven't done yet!!! We'll keep thinking summer thoughts.
      Blessings my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such cute scrapbook layouts - it must be so fun to look back on. Kids grow up so fast! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I love scrapbooking so much and I need to catch up in all of my albums. When the colder season comes I'll really get back to work. ;)
      Have a wonderful rest of the week Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the layouts! So nice that your family (you, your husband, son, and nephew) could all be involved in soccer together...and it sounds like a love of soccer has stayed with your family! It certainly is a vigorous sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Yep, my hubby has always been an athlete and had been playing soccer since he was about my daughter's age. He has played and coached at a college level. (He was also a football and hockey player). So I very much married into sports and we continue the tradition with our kiddos. I played more sports once I was with my hubby - so I enjoy golf, volleyball, and I used to play broomball. Great exercise and lots of fun! xo

      Delete
  5. I cannot wait to see you enjoying autumn, I imagine that the trees look beautiful from your home. Lovely to see more of your layouts, after all, that is what scrapbooks are made for isn't it - looking at and sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just SO my favorite time of year Amy. And I know I'm biased, but I don't think there's anywhere prettier than my northwoods in the Fall.
      And you're exactly right! Scrapbooking is for sharing and that's one of my favorite things to do - is share it with such treasured friends like you. xoxo

      Delete