Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Birthday Bunting

MY BOY

My Boy is officially 15 years old today. I don't know how that happened, or how I could possibly have a child that old, but yet the day is here nonetheless. (insert BIG sigh here).  He's such a sweet smart GOOD boy...or should I say young man...and my hubby and I are both very proud of him. He didn't want a big deal made of his birthday, but he does have cousins and a friend staying over. We're picking up one of his favorites for dinner (KFC) and I'm just grabbing a cake to save time, as I clean up around here before grandparents come over tonight too. So since the cake is not homemade the bunting on the cake will be! 


I simply took black card stock, folded it in half, and cut out triangles. I then took a red ribbon and folded the triangles in half over the ribbon. I used white fabric letter stickers for his name and embellished with some stickers of his favorite sports he plays - soccer and hockey.


I picked the black, white, and red as that is the colors of his favorite team on the planet - the Ottawa Senators! He has loved that team for many years...and quite frankly he loves Canada and talks about moving there one day. We took a trip there last summer and he was sold. I used "the puck stops here" sticker as my son plays defense and so that's how he performs in hockey. To "be a wall" and stop that puck! 


If he cooperates I may try to get some photos tonight too (never know with teenagers) and will share more at a later date. 


9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aaron! I hope that the family dinner is lots of fun!!! Great cake bunting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! His party was great!! ;)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Aaron! I like the bunting. Hope he's having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! He said it was great - which is high praise from a teenager. ;)
      xo

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Aaron!! My son Elijah won't be 15 until February. But yeah...KFC and cake are perfect for a growing young man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CareBear :) I think he'd say KFC and cake and cookie cake - hit the spot! Lol
      xo

      Delete
  4. Hope your son has a great birthday! The bunting is a great way to personalize the party. Perfect party food, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I still can't believe I have a 15 year old!! :;sigh:: I think it was a success, though, and he loved his party and goodies. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm sure he's a wonderful young man and you both have every reason to be proud. Glad to hear he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete