Saturday, August 22, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday: Easy Golden Peach Cobbler

Happy Weekend Everyone! I thought I would share this quick and easy peach cobbler recipe. You can find it pinned on my pinterest page under the "sweet treats" board. This one comes together very quickly and would be great with sweet juicy fresh peaches that are around this time of year. I had canned peaches I needed to use up - so that's what I threw in there. I think you could also use frozen peaches, that have been thawed, in here quite well.




Place sliced peaches in the bottom of 9x13 pan. If using canned peaches then drain them. Use a large 29 oz can (or in my case I used two 15 oz cans). I'm guessing for fresh peaches you would need to cut up 3 or so peaches depending on their size.


Mix 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour and 2 tsp. baking powder in a bowl. Everything is in 2's in this recipe which also makes it easy.




Take 2 sticks of butter (1 cup) and melt on the stove or in the microwave. Pour over the peaches.




Pour 2 cups of milk into dry mixture and whisk into a batter.


Pour batter over the peaches and butter.



Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. I'm guessing this recipe would be easy to cut in half as well. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream and that's some summer ending heavenly dessert right there!! Enjoy!


I'm linking with Andrea at Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.

scraptasticbutton


12 comments:

  1. Your peach cobbler looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm looks delicious :) Have a great weekend Carrie :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill! Hope you had a great weekend. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yum! This looks so good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crumbles have become my new favorite summer dessert when I'm in the mood for a fresh fruit pie but I don't have time to make a pie crust. This cobbler looks just as quick and easy AND just as delicious! I'll have to give it a try next time I have a craving! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredibly easy and so tasty with ice cream! My favorite kinds of dessert - fruit anything with ice cream. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I made this tonight Carrie!

    (My booty hates you, but my tummy is in love).

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good - I'd hate for my booty to be the only one! ;) xoxo

      Delete