Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blogmas Day Three: Christmas Wishlist

BLOGMAS 2016 PROMPTS

Day 1 - The Christmas Tag 
Day 2 - Christmas Movies on the Must Watch List
Day 3 - Christmas Wishlist
Day 4 - Christmas Playlist
Day 5 - Pictures and Memories of Christmas Past
Day 6 - Pot Simmer Recipes
Day 7 - Cookies to be Baked (can be a recipe you make every year, or some you want to try)
Day 8 - Favorite Family Christmas Recipe
Day 9 - How do you decorate?
Day 10 - Real Tree or Artificial Tree
Day 11 - Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Day 12 - Quiet Christmas or Family Filled Loud Party Christmas?
Day 13 - Christmas Cards (do you send them, show us your favorites this year, or tells your favorite cards to send whether vintage, or bright and colorful)
Day 14 - Advent Calendar
Day 15 - Christmas Party Food Ideas
Day 16 - Winter Tag
Day 17 - Christmas Wishes
Day 18 - Homemade or Store Bought (What are you giving this year)
Day 19 - Recap of Christmas 2015 in pictures
Day 20 -  Christmas Decorations Reveal (show us your tree, your home decor, your mantle, anything you want)
Day 21 - Holiday Family Traditions
Day 22 - Preparing for the big day (show us your wrapping skills, are you making lists, getting the house ready for guests?)
Day 23 - Post whatever you wish
Day 24 - Christmas Eve (Are you opening presents tonight, is this your big celebration, what are you doing)
Day 25 - Christmas Day 



I'm joining in with my Friend Sandra from the blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for the Blogmas of Christmas this season. You can check her out here and come play along! Here's day 3:



Day 3 - Christmas Wishlist




My Hubby and I usually don't exchange with each other. Instead we often buy something for the house - or save the money for something similar for a later date. Unless there's a special occasion. Like last year was our 20th wedding anniversary (which is right after Christmas) and for Christmas and our anniversary my Hubby got me a gorgeous several carat diamond earrings and necklace set that I LOVE!!  That was quite special. 


My true favorite part about gifts is giving them. Or even making them. Finding that perfect little something for someone. I just love that. ;) But on my list this year that I told other relatives was: 

1) la vie est belle perfume  - I smelled it in a store the other day and loved it! 

2) a new roasting pan I saw in the williams-sonoma catalog 

3) and always easy for me is a gift card from any of these places: Barnes and Noble, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Maurices, or Kohl's (I LOVE Vera Wang's clothes and handbags there!!) 

4) I love temptations cookware off of QVC and I have a set of dishes of that brand as well. I like the old world pattern in cranberry


But those are just the material things. The things I truly treasure for Christmas are:

* time with family and friends. I'm going to a holiday concert with some family and a friend this week. And I've got some game nights already planned at our house with different relatives. 


*my brother is in the military and I always pray for peace, but it's especially my wish for the holidays. And that military folks can be with their families for the holidays. 


*health! Of course dealing with my MIL's Alzheimers makes me pray all the harder for health for my family and friends. And safety too! Did I mention my son did get his driver's license? Yes, praying and wishing on lots of safety and protection for my family and friends. ;) 


What's big on your list this year??


8 comments:

  1. Awwwwww...that's so sweet Carrie, and very special. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight. It's maybe a cliche, but our health is our most precious gift, and not to be taken for granted.

    The perfume you mentioned is lovely. (I don't have any, but I used to.)

    I hope you get everything you want! As for me, it's not so much what I WANT as what I DON'T want...I don't want any more wrinkles. I don't want any more cellulite, and I don't want any more chins tyvm.

    Ya' think Santa can pull that off??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have a "don't" list too Sister! I think it resembles yours quite a bit. ;)

      Delete
  2. Being a military family we are always wishing for peace and to keep our men in uniform safe. I will keep your brother in my prayers that he be kept from harm's way, that your MIL does not have too many bad days and especially your son to as a new driver in the winter snow you have.

    As for your material things, I LOVE your list. I was in Willimas Sonoma Friday oohing and aahing over just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen about our military people!

      I wish we had a Williams-Sonoma somewhere close by. I just have to drool over the catalogs. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. I am so with you on the gifts, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you relate to that last one Amy - especially with all you're dealing with this year! xo

      Delete
  4. I enjoy finding, wrapping, and giving gifts too. It is a big part of my Christmas thoughts. We also have wish lists, and I have a small pink handbag on my list. Wonder if any Santas around here will manage that one :) I pray for health, for all my family - having had a few loved ones in health difficulties this year, it is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think giving is so much more fun than getting. ;) xo

      Delete