Monday, December 26, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday Friends! 


Well another Christmas in the books. All the anticipation and preparation and it comes and goes so fast. But it was a fun and wonderful time with family and I treasured every moment. I hope you had a wonderful and blessed weekend as well!


We actually still have some Christmas time ahead over here. We're getting together with lifelong family friends soon to do our Christmas with them this week. And I have a girlfriend Christmas coming up, that we have done each year since we were all in high school!!! That will be happening at the end of the week. So more fun ahead for me - yippeee! ;) 


My Hubby is back to work today, but I've had a nice relaxing morning and enjoying kiddo time and putting the house back in order after the gathering here yesterday. Now I'm ready to do HHM and focus on the week ahead. 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


It was some weird weather yesterday! It was kind of warmer so it didn't snow but was sleeting a lot yesterday and the roads got pretty slippery. Today it's been snowing and blowing and the temps are supposed to get really cold tonight (down in the teens) and be cold for the next few days. 









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


A leftover holiday bun with butter and jam and a cup of coffee.










RIGHT NOW I AM:


I'm listening to my daughter play in the other room with her friends. It sounds like they're playing some version of "school" - so even though they have a break from school they're still including it in their day I guess. Lol! Annie had one girlfriend over earlier today and they were out in the swirling snow sledding on our hill. I'll share photos at the end of this post.    








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I can still see gusts of wind swirling the snow in front of my window now and then. It's not snowing as much as it was this morning though. Looks wintery and pretty out on my bay.





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:



For all the fun and action here yesterday it's much cleaner today. My Hubby helped me get a head start on cleaning last night when everyone left. I still have one more load of dishes to get in the dishwasher and then I'm pretty caught up on housework.










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Finish house chores today. Tonight we'll snuggle in and rest and enjoy leftovers. Busy week ahead though. My son has a hockey tourney over the course of this week - so I'll be going to a few games! Christmas with friends as I mentioned. Grocery run at some point. Christmas with girlfriends. Fun time with my kiddos - maybe take Annie to a movie one day this week. 

 









CURRENTLY READING:


Currently reading a fun Debbie Macomber book called Dashing Through the Snow. (still finishing this book)





ON THE TV TODAY:


Watched the Holiday Baking Championship holiday special with kid bakers. Annie and I watched some of A Christmas Story last night, but still need to finish it. I have the Call the Midwife Christmas special to watch yet. A few other movies taped.












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: leftovers (ham, cheesy potatoes, salads etc)






TUESDAY: may do an egg bake or breakfast dish to use up last of ham leftovers (or Xmas with friends night - may be tonight or Wednesday and may go out to dinner)






WEDNESDAY: sloppy joes, chips, veggies 







THURSDAY: baked stuffed pork chops, salad




FRIDAY: Christmas with girlfriends - still discussing menu 


**For New Years weekend things still up in the air. We usually go to my BIL and SIL's house, but they're out-of-town this year so may be doing a date night with good friends of ours...or our families hang out over here and come up with a fun menu.













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I'm working on a wreath for my daughter's room that will match her new bedspread. I'll share in the near future. 





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure about any new recipes this week - it will depend on if we entertain over here for New Years Eve. 







TIP OF THE WEEK:

What this time of year is all about. ;) 



FROM THE CAMERA:
Opening gifts early at my in-law's magical big old historical home.



Always piles of presents with this family (although they live for the goofy ones most of all). My FIL got my MIL from her facility and she was with us all day and did great!



Annie and her BFF cousin.



My SIL, Annie and cousin. 



What did I tell ya - they live for the goofy gifts! Lol My Hubby got this for my BIL as they have 2 german shepherds at home.





Door prize game in full swing!






The in-laws having fun. ;) 



You never know what you'll open during this game. It's the most fun to steal the good gifts though! At the end of the night I ended up with an oven mitt, tupperware containers, bags of rubber bands, and an applebees gift card and a french fry pillow. Those were all very tame and mellow compared to some of the other things folks won!! Ha!





Annie and her buddy sliding down our hill in the wind and snow - with Ruby running at their heels! Happy Christmas break!! 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for holiday inspiration quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



5 comments:

  1. Where to start? I love this post. I especially love your life hack and inspirational.

    Your family Christmas pictures are so much fun too. Great memories you made. And the girlfriend Christmas sounds like so much fun!

    I am so envious of your weather!!!!!And am so glad to see kids out playing in it. Really goes with your life hack.

    We're doing leftovers tonight too. It took me so long to make, it's nice to have it twice.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carrie - You live in Winter Wonderland! The view out your back is magnificent. I, on the other hand, have brown and green grass and bare-limbed trees.

    Our temps will be in the 50's this week though, so I shan't complain. I need to run errands and I have to go to the doctor on Thursday - just a social call. Did you know that if you don't go to the doctor for three years, they drop you and you have to start over as a new patient and you might not be accepted by the same doctor if he's not taking new patients. Maybe this is just how Medicare works. I don't know. I pretty much avoid doctors and hospitals if at all possible.

    Have a wonderful week. Eat lots of fun food for next Monday we Diet. Is that a four-letter word? If not, it should be.

    Big After-Christmas Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading all about your Christmas. How fun that you get to extend the season with more get-together fun. So glad you were able to have your mother-in-law with you for the holiday, I imagine that warmed your heart a great deal. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice Christmas post, Carrie! Love seeing your family photos and all the fun you had together. It's wonderful that your MIL was able to spend the day with you, too. Sledding down your hill looks like so much fun and it is so beautiful with the snow all around. Such a nice thing to have your girlfriends come to celebrate an extended holiday. Thank you for your kind condolences this past week, my friend. Wishing you sweet blessings in the coming New Year. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! Glad you are enjoying the holiday season. I just watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first (!) time last weekend, and this coming weekend I think I'm going to take a crack at A Christmas Carol. I've heard about these two movies for so long--and at the same time of year for both, that I'd gotten the plots mixed up. I was expecting to see Tiny Tim and Scrooge walk in on It's a Wonderful Life! :D Anyway, it is a good movie. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete