Thursday, December 1, 2016

Blogmas Day One

BLOGMAS 2016 PROMPTS

Day 1 - The Christmas Tag 
Day 2 - Christmas Movies on the Must Watch List
Day 3 - Christmas Wishlist
Day 4 - Christmas Playlist
Day 5 - Pictures and Memories of Christmas Past
Day 6 - Pot Simmer Recipes
Day 7 - Cookies to be Baked (can be a recipe you make every year, or some you want to try)
Day 8 - Favorite Family Christmas Recipe
Day 9 - How do you decorate?
Day 10 - Real Tree or Artificial Tree
Day 11 - Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Day 12 - Quiet Christmas or Family Filled Loud Party Christmas?
Day 13 - Christmas Cards (do you send them, show us your favorites this year, or tells your favorite cards to send whether vintage, or bright and colorful)
Day 14 - Advent Calendar
Day 15 - Christmas Party Food Ideas
Day 16 - Winter Tag
Day 17 - Christmas Wishes
Day 18 - Homemade or Store Bought (What are you giving this year)
Day 19 - Recap of Christmas 2015 in pictures
Day 20 -  Christmas Decorations Reveal (show us your tree, your home decor, your mantle, anything you want)
Day 21 - Holiday Family Traditions
Day 22 - Preparing for the big day (show us your wrapping skills, are you making lists, getting the house ready for guests?)
Day 23 - Post whatever you wish
Day 24 - Christmas Eve (Are you opening presents tonight, is this your big celebration, what are you doing)
Day 25 - Christmas Day 



I'm joining in with my Friend Sandra from the blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for the Blogmas of Christmas this season. You can check her out here and come play along! Here's the first day:




Day 1 - The Christmas Tag  


✨Whats Your Favourite Holiday Movie?

I just love the classics of course - but the movie I HAVE to watch each Christmas is Love Actually.  I just love all of the different stories and how that movie makes me feel by the end of it. That's my favorite adult one (not really kid friendly in some parts). And my favorite family one is ELF with Will Ferrell. It's become a favorite over here because he's so adorable and funny in it! 

✨Whats Your Favourite Christmas Colour?

I've been loving gold lately. I do my "fancy tree" all in golds and creams and earth tones - like my home colors. 

✨Do You Like To Stay in Your PJs Or Dress Up For Christmas?

I start out in pj's as we all pile up and head over to my in-law's house and do gifts early in the AM. Then I dress up a little as the rest of the family all come to our house for the dinner.  

✨If You Could Only Buy One Person a Present This Year Who Would It Be?

It would probably be my kiddos - so I'd have to include both of them. ;) 



✨Do You Open Your Present Christmas Eve Or Christmas Morning?
On Christmas Eve night we open as a family - just our immediate family of four. But then Christmas day we open with my in-law's. My parents are divorced so we do exchange with them sometime right before or after Christmas.  

✨ What Do You Like To Do On Your Christmas Break?

When the kiddos are home from school we like to go out and do some fun things.  Sometimes the teenager is less participatory. Lol  But we sometimes have friends or relatives over for a game night. We'll go out to a movie. If we ever get snow this year! - we'll go sledding out in our back hill. I like to try to catch up on a good book, craft, bake and be cozy.

✨Any Christmas Wishes?

Prayers for our country and hoping we can all come together.  

✨Favorite Christmas Smell?

The sugared pecans I make as gifts! When they're baking it smells like how I'd picture Christmas is in heaven. Lol  

✨Favourite Christmas Meal Or Treat?

The sugared pecans. The cookies. Christmas almond bars and pineapple upside down cake. 

✨What are you doing for the holidays this year?

I think this year we'll do a Christmas brunch with my Dad before Christmas. Spend time with my Mom early on Christmas Eve and go to mass with her. Then Christmas Eve night we do gifts as a family and Hubby and I will set up the tables and finish prepping food for the Christmas day meal at our house. Then Christmas day is with my in-law's side of the family and the meal at our house. Then we'll all play the funny "door prize" game that night.  

✨What’s your favourite holiday drink?

I love all of the flavored coffees out at the coffee shops. Creamy chai tea. And I do love to have a glass of eggnog (or 2!) ;) 

✨Candy cane or Gingerbread men?

I love having candy canes around for our cocoa! But Annie and I may actually bake some gingerbread men this year - as I picked up some new cookie cutters. Gotta be both I guess! 

✨What’s your favourite holiday/Christmas song?

O Holy Night

✨What is most important to you about the holidays?

Family gathering. Having us together and everyone healthy and happy. 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely to read more about how you celebrate Christmas! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to celebrate the season girl! Love all your traditions. You must be the most energetic person I know, because I don't know how you fit everything in!

    You've got me trying to remember what Love Actually was about. Maybe I'll watch it tonight :). Now that we've gone through every episode of Shameless (noooooooo) we are lost! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these blogmas posts! Popping over from Sandra's page. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore your Christmas smell description!

    So what's they funny door prize game? We're looking for some fun games to do this year.

    I "fixed" my post to go with the new prompts! P.S. I did a post about the carpet yesterday. I am so glad to be wiggling my toes in my new carpet as I write this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm watching it right now. The reason why I couldn't remember what it was about is because I've never seen it! Who knew? So far, I'm diggin' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I also really like the movie Love Actually, it's such a beautiful movie isn't it?
    I can just imagine how the sugared pecans smell, oh my word.

    Thanks for joining in, so glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it! Oh, Holy Night is my favorite also, though I always cry when I hear it because it's so beautiful. I love the way Johnny Mathis sings it.

    I've never seen Love Actually, so will do a search. I still love White Christmas and the old Miracle on 34th Street. Guess I need to update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading how you will spend time with your parents, and the description of what heaven smells like at Christmas awe! and Got to Love Elf! our fave too. I LOVE Love Actually! I was just thinking yesterday how I wish they would not have put the "work couple" in it or that they had a different occupation lol so my kiddos could watch it. my favorite scene is when Hugh Grant dances lol Whats yours?

    ReplyDelete