Monday, December 19, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends! 


It was a fun weekend here filled with another family game night gathering with relatives on Friday. And my Hubby and I went to the MN Vikings game in the new stadium yesterday. I'm not a Vikes fan as I'm true to my Packers, but it was fun to enjoy his excitement even if it was a crappy game and the Vikes lost (Sshhh - I'm secretly happy about loss - tee hee). The stadium was very impressive!


I'm getting to this late as I was busy around the house this AM, and then my son only had one final this morning and came home when he was done. So I made some semi-homemade chicken noodle soup (with thick Amish noodles - yum!) to have when he got home. I didn't end up making it last week. I enjoyed lunch and a visit with my sweet Boy - who is rapidly becoming a young man...and then he had to head back up to school for hockey practice and he'll bring his sister home after his practice & school is done. Have I mentioned how much I'm loving that he has his license?? Lol  He really has matured so much over the past year. When he isn't busy getting good grades and playing hockey for his college prep school, he works on the side for his Dad. Plus, he's had a steady girlfriend for a while now (& even bought her a nice gift for Christmas!). Where does the time go??? ::sigh:: 


Okay, thanks for sidetrack now on to this big Christmas week! ...




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Much warmer than it was - 20's today and sunny.









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


An English muffin with jam and coffee. And obviously chicken soup for lunch! Lol










RIGHT NOW I AM:


I keep taking breaks from this post - throwing in next load of laundry, let Ruby outside etc. Just busy work around home today. I'm listening to Christmas music and finishing my scoop in my weekly planner and working on my grocery shopping list for later in the week.   








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sun is out now and it's much warmer today than it's been lately. It's in the 20's today and those temps are supposed to stick around a bit (20's and 30's), yay! Beats that slap you in the face below zero cold! Looks like some snow mid-week (a few inches) and more on Christmas day. A lovely white Christmas ahead! There's still several inches of snow on the ground already from last week.  I'm looking outside my dining room windows and the snow is sparkly out on our deck.





AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:



Pretty clean and tidy, although still need to load dishes from lunchtime. I'm sitting at my dining room table and enjoying the sunshine streaming in through the deck doors.  










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

A fun busy week ahead filled with last minute Christmas bustle. A shopping outing with my Mom for last filler gifts, baking cookies with Annie when she's off school by Wednesday this week, other holiday errands, Christmas gathering with Friends, grocery shopping, and then the big holiday weekend Friday - Sunday is Christmas with all of our various family members! Merry Christmas, yay!!!

 









CURRENTLY READING:


Currently reading a fun Debbie Macomber book called Dashing Through the Snow.





ON THE TV TODAY:


Loved the final Holiday Baking Championship and I love that it's the first time a home baker won and not a pro! Watched Survivor finale. SNL shows. Christmas specials and Hallmark movies. There's an America's Got Talent Christmas special tonight! Cooking shows and HGTV.












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: leftover tacos from weekend






TUESDAY: leftover chicken noodle soup - clean out fridge. Easy night as son has a hockey game






WEDNESDAY: Rigatoni pasta, garlic bread, salad  






THURSDAY: Christmas gathering with Friends - unsure of menu yet




FRIDAY: Christmas exchange with my Dad & step-Mom at our house. Going easy with pizza from favorite pizza place, veggie tray, holiday cookies and other baked desserts  



SATURDAY(Christmas Eve): early afternoon Christmas exchange with my Mom and have a snack, go to mass as a family with her then drive and look at Christmas lights and then bring her home after. Have something easy to eat that night and we do our family Christmas with just us and our kiddos...then hubby and I put on music in the kitchen and cook and prep things for Christmas day while we visit and nibble (& I have some wine or a holiday hot toddy). ;) 



 SUNDAY(Christmas Day): we spend with all of my Hubby's family. Very early AM my BIL & SIL and their 5 kids, my Hubby & I and our 2 kids all gather at my FIL and MIL's house. My FIL will go get my MIL from facility for the day to spend with us. We all head over in our pj's and my SIL will bring some little trays of egg bake and I'll bring some fruit and some mini-pancakes in various kinds (blueberry, strawberry, chocolate chip & plain) that can be dipped in syrup. We'll open all our gifts together. Then later in the afternoon they'll all come to our house, as well as my Hubby's extended relatives, and we'll have Christmas dinner here and then do the door prize game (takes several hours and is FULL of laughs!). After that we put out the dessert table and coffee and end with sweets and visits before folks head home with their leftovers.  


**Christmas menu: honey baked ham with crunchy sweet glaze crusted on top and with it on the side mustards and this year I'm also going to make an apple raisin sauce/compote for those that might like that. Cheesy potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli salad, calico beans, fruit salad, corn, relish trays and dinner rolls.  My Hubby's Aunt will bring one pan of the cheesy potatoes and I do the other. My SIL will bring the sweet potatoes and fruit salad. And my MOm will bring the corn. I will do the rest of the food listed. 

Desserts: My SIL will bring a kiddo dessert (brownies?) 

My Hubby's Aunt will be bringing a no-bake peppermint cheesecake 

I will be making pecan pie (with ice cream), my Gram's cut-out cookies, almond bars, and maybe hot cocoa cookies 












WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I'm working on a wreath for my daughter's room that will match her new bedspread. I'll share in the near future. 





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

If I make hot cocoa cookies for Christmas- they will be new.







TIP OF THE WEEK:

I think this is great advice for this time of year when things get so busy. It could help you knock off more on your busy list!





FROM THE CAMERA:
My daughter's Christmas concert - she's in the front in the Santa hat on the left. ;) 





New US Bank Vikings stadium - huge and impressive!



A Boy and his Bro ready to cheer on their favorite team.



Go Colts! (oops did I say that out loud?? haha!) We had great seats - 4 rows up only!!



Some of these cold winter days you just need to lounge on the couch...



...and eat warm chicken noodle soup!



PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Merry Christmas to you All my dear Friends!! 





More fun vintage pictures above. And of course the real reason for the season below:


Image result for nativity inspirational quotes

Image result for nativity inspirational quotes


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




5 comments:

  1. WHEW sounds like you've been busy and are going to be even busier this week.

    LOVE that picture of Ruby lounging - looks SOOOOO content. Great shots of Annie's concert and the game too. Also love all the vintage prints you've been putting up.

    I didn't realize it, but I already live by that 2 minute rule! GREAT advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son sounds like a wonderful person, but I'm not surprised :). The time does indeed whiz by, and before you know it you'll be having that mother/son dance at his wedding, then soon after that, grandkids and you'll get to watch it happen all over again. The circle of life.

    Now about that Christmas menu. Yummy! And did I miss my invite in the mail? No matter. We'll be there around 3'ish.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always so inspiring and full of Christmas spirit! That soup looks delicious, reminds me of the homemade chicken noodle soup my mom used to make. I loved reading about all your Christmas plans and the yummy menus. Hmm, I think I'm hungry now. Hope you and your family have a wonderful week and most happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my friend!
    Your Christmas week sounds positively divine!
    Enjoy every moment with that beautiful family in your cozy home.
    I will think of you as we do the same. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are having a wonderful week and will have a great Christmas too! Sorry I haven't been by much lately, I hope to do better next year when I will look forward to reading and visiting with you lots. Hope that your MIL and other inlaws enjoy their Christmas too. xx

    ReplyDelete