Monday, December 12, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Monday Friends! 


It's a busy one here this late morning but I wanted to pop in quick and say hello. It was a wonderful weekend filled with family game night with some relatives, more holiday things accomplished, and out to lunch and to The Nutcracker ballet with my Annie! Holidays at their best!!  I hope to do blogmas later today too and catch up with all of you, and on the lovely comments you've left me about the home tour I gave on yesterday's post. Thank you so much!! xoxo Loved sharing with you sweet Friends!!!

Now on to the week ahead...




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


COLD! Today it's 10 degrees, but with windchill feels colder! We got a few inches of snow yesterday and may get a bit tomorrow. So looks like it could be a white Christmas after all! And some below zero temps ahead this week. BBrrrrr....









ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


A leftover honey buttered biscuit and a cup of coffee. 










RIGHT NOW I AM:


I've just been doing some baking and I'm going to start some mini quick breads next. My Mom is helping my Aunt to her appointments this AM (as she doesn't have a drivers license), but then she's coming over as we're doing most of the baking today for my Mom. That's how she gives gifts to many of her friends and neighbors. She's not as handy with the baking etc, so she buys the ingredients and packaging tins and I help her bake up goodies to give out as gifts. It's such fun and our tradition each year! She'll be here soon so doing this post fast!  








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see sun shining on the new snow out on my deck as I'm doing this at the dining room table today. Keeping an eye on things in the oven.




AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:



Still clean and tidy from the weekend. I love looking around and seeing everything decorated.










ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Lots of busy things this week. Daughter's haircut, her school concert, groceries, baking day, errands, visit MIL, final gift run around, religious ed class and concert with my daughter there too. I could go on and on! Lol

 









CURRENTLY READING:


I've tried starting several new books, but get sidetracked too easy this time of year!





ON THE TV TODAY:


A lot of the same: This is Us, Holiday Baking Championship, Great American Bake Off, Christmas movies...












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY: leftovers from game night






TUESDAY: out for Aaron's hockey game






WEDNESDAY:  homemade chicken soup, turkey melt sandwiches





THURSDAY: pancakes with apple compote, eggs, bacon, fruit




FRIDAY: family over for game night with the other side of my family:  

Going to keep this one even easier and do Chinese take out we all love. I will make some appetizers: fruit/cheese/cracker plate and also hot crab dip and crackers. I'll make desserts too, not sure what yet. We'll have hot wassail (with brandy or rum too for those that want it)









WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Trying to keep up with blogmas! Working on a few final Christmas presents. 





NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I might bake something new this week - not sure yet.







TIP OF THE WEEK:











I keep a lot of my appointments in my smart phone - with alerts set for reminding me. But I use this fun calendar (scrapbook-like with stickers etc) for a month at a glance stuff as well as the pages behind each month to break down into week by week and I can write what I have going on for each day (sports, exercise, things I want to blog etc). I also use this keep track of lists, menus etc. I need things like this to keep me organized!!





FROM THE CAMERA:










Out with my Annie and my Girlfriend and her 2 daughters for The Nutcracker ballet this weekend. So fun!!


The beautiful sun kissed snow on the bay this morning. 






PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for holiday inspiration quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, so you're totally stealing my idea about being a baking queen Missy?? We need to have a bake off. So what if you're a few miles away? lol

    So I missed the house tour post yesterday. My bad. Heading over now!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of you and Annie!
    It's nice of you to help your Mom, good memories being made too. :)
    Your bay is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos :) Isn't it fun to bake with a family member? I mean I love baking but it's always more interesting when you can do it with someone else and chat and laugh and have fun doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that planner, I have to write things down too!! Enjoyed all the pics especially the snow pic which is absolutely beautiful!! I would use it as a Christmas Card!! Enjoying seeing all your pics on Insta, I wish I had more time to stop by the blog more. Going to check out your home tour, don't want to miss that!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful as always! I love the Nutcracker ballet but alas it's tough sell to all my boys, LOL. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete