Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bloom & Grow

Well it's back to real life. Hope everyone that celebrated a lovely 3 day weekend had lots of fun and got lots of rest! I had fun getting some more scrapbooking done and while I was working on my daughter's school years scrapbook I came across this layout that I had forgotten about. It's from when she was in 3 year old preschool.

Isn't she just a precious pumpkin? But what I wanted to share about this layout is that I can't take any credit for it. I found it on etsy.com from the shop called Susans Scrapbook Shack. For how much I love to scrapbook I also love and appreciate the talents of others, so  several times I have  bought layouts, that fit perfectly with my projects, that I found on etsy. If you haven't been on etsy you should be - it's such wonderful site  with so many talented artists and items. I could spend all day on there! I still toy with the idea of having my own shop on there one day. Perhaps. Stay tuned....


But this layout also reminds me of more "blooming and growing" I wanted to share with you. This weekend I also did a lot of planting of blooms and some veggies too!! Yay! Yes, I finally got my little garden table - or veggie trug. It's just tiny but perfect for me and my Girl to start working on having our own little garden space. If all goes well maybe our trug will grow next year. 

yummy veggies

\
happy gardener

bug and critter cover

As you can see it 's just a sweet little table that works perfectly for where I live. I basically live on a hill above the water so we don't have much flat space anywhere, other than our big driveway in the front of the house. So to have some thing that's compact and could fit just about anywhere was perfect. I put it on the side of the house that gets a lot of sun and it's conveniently next to the hose too....bonus! Lol You can see Annie is excited! I think I mentioned it yesterday but we planted a cabbage plant she got at school, a butter crunch lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and after the photos were taken I added 2 sugar snap pea plants. 


On my deck I also planted some pots with herbs. Here is parsley, lemon basil, cilantro and mint. 


Now we just need it all to Bloom and Grow!




10 comments:

  1. I love your garden set up! It is so fun to see how others arrange their gardens especially when it takes a little creativity as in your case.
    Those scrapbook pages are adorable and so appropriate!
    Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Laura! Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well. ;)
    Have a great (nice short) week. Lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that it all blooms and grows beautifully for you!!!! It is so great that you are having a go and trying different things, that is the main thing to do isn't it!! Happy gardening!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It is getting really pretty around here. Lots of flowering trees all blooming too. I'm loving every minute! ;) xo

      Delete
  4. Ooh, hoping you get lots of blooming and growing from your little garden table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Fingers crossed Helen! Annie would be pretty bummed if we don't have much "bloom". ;)
      xo

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea to encourage gardening. Your daughter is so cute ;) My son enjoys gardening, and when he was little we set up his own garden (which has since morphed into other things over the years). This past week, I came across a tiny bit of spurge that was part of his original garden, and I just had to transplant it into a better location ... it was like finding a tiny link to his childhood. I hope your garden does wonderfully, and your daughter certainly looks pleased with the plantings so far ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I totally agree. Annie is so interested in gardening now and it's something we enjoy so much together. I love how you expressed feeling about re-planting that bit of your son's garden. So sweet.

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Good idea to have a cover over it, to stop it being nibbled by unwanted visitors! I hope you get lots of sunshine to help everything bloom and grow. Lovely pic of Annie, my girls love planting things too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alison! Hoping our first planting season is a good one too. We're excited to see what will come up!

      Happy plantings to you too. ;)
      xo

      Delete