Friday, May 22, 2015

Five on Friday:A Walk Among the Green

It's been so wonderful feeling real bits of summer around here in the northwoods already.  Most of this week was especially lovely. Last night I took a wonderful walk among all the green and leafy goodness that's been showing up lately. So for my five things today I thought I'd show you a peek into my workout.

First, I start out down a favorite road I love to take on my walk. Put in the head phones and set it on a favorite pandora station, then check that my fitbit is on and I'm good to go!




Along the way we see little inlets (like creeks) off of the bay where I live. Such pretty scenery.






We then come to the beautiful bay. The first photo is from along the road when I was still on my walk and the 2nd photo is from our dock after I get back home. A beautiful night on the bay as the sun is starting to go down.





We then have to start heading back home. The first photo is the final road to our house and the 2nd photo is heading up our driveway.






Once I'm home the workout isn't over. Now it's time to do the wonderful flight of stairs down to the dock. It's been a long time since I counted them but there are a LOT (maybe 50 some?). The winter is hard on them and they need a paint job again this summer. But they're sturdy and I do 5 sets up and down (which equals going up and down them 10 times!) But it helps that in those final sets I have my sweet cheerleader Annie cheering me on to finish strong! I'm tired, sore and sweating. I'm so glad I did it and that I could share it with you. Then I hit the showers and fall into a coma for the night. Lol


I'm linking with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.



23 comments:

  1. That is some workout especially on those steps. Pretty views you have, a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is quite the workout - but the view definitely helps! Thanks and happy weekend. xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is some workout there on the stairs!!! The going down and looking at the view must be lovely, but I don't suppose that you enjoy the coming back up nearly as much! How great that Annie cheers you on!! Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amy - the coming up part is killer! Lol

      But the view does help and to be so tired in a good way after always makes it worth it too.

      Wishing you a wonderful weekend Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  3. Gosh that is some work out! It looks beautiful where you live. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! it's our little bit of heaven. xo ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm tired just reading that!!!!!
    I'm not a walker...but that sure is a beautiful place!
    Happy Weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pics!! If I had such beautiful scenery to walk in, and the perfect music streaming on my Pandora, I might not make it back home. LOL. Oh...but then I'd need some chocolate, so I'd just take the long way home. ;) Have a wonderful weekend my dear gal!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Carrie Ann - you are a girl completely after my own heart! Lol Wish you were close we could go walking together and chat the calories away. ;)

      Happy holiday weekend!! xo

      Delete
  6. You live in a such a beautiful area. I loved seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks! I have to agree that the northwoods are truly a pretty place.
      Happy weekend! xo

      Delete
  7. I'm a bit jealous of your beautiful area!
    Good for you on that workout. The steps will keep you in shape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were only a little closer - you could enjoy these views with me!! Hope you have a great holiday weekend Mari xoxo

      Delete
  8. I loved going along with you on your walk and workout on those stairs (wow!). The scenery is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean! Happy to bring you along. ;)

      Happy weekend to you. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Beautiful place you live, beautiful!!! Love that you get in extra cardio walking up and down your stairs! (The view at the end mud be worth it each time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! Yes, the view definitely helps. I wouldn't be doing those stairs without it! Lol

      Happy weekend to you Hon! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Oh Carrie, those views are more than pretty, they are flippin' gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. And I am truly impressed by your "workout". x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thanks darling Gal!! I never tire of our views and they truly fill my soul. Now if I could just get myself to do that kind of workout every day ::sigh::.....;)
    xoxo
    PS: I'm so happy to know you folks have lots of buttercups in the summer too. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for being so late visiting for last week's Five on Friday... where does the time go? You live in such a lovely area... but those steps would not be my best friend for sure, lol! Getting older sure is an eye opener!
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P
    #17 Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love having you visit Beth! We will have our boat in soon and that makes going down the stairs more worthwhile when a boat ride waits on the other side. However, for exercise they are quite a tiring beast! Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty view on your walk. Those stairs at the end would be a workout! Visiting late from Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you visit Lorrie!
      Thanks so much. It does make walking much easier to have pretty scenery. However, the stairs are never very "enjoyable". Lol
      xo

      Delete