Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Annie Room Update

A while back I did this post about my daughter's room and the dilemma I had regarding the next bedspread for that space. Well I didn't end up ordering any of the ones I mentioned at that time as Annie & I weren't really in love with any of them.


I happened to be shopping up at Kohl's the other day and found these adorable owl sheets that I decided to pick up as a birthday present for Annie.

Annie has a thing for owls (her Mom kind of does too). While I was shopping around I came across this lighter summery quilt set and I really liked it.


I really liked the golden summer-filled yellow in it - which matches so nicely with her walls. And all the added pink goes perfectly with all the Paris pink elements in her room.



Another thing I like was the fact that it was reversible. I love the pretty green on the other side - even if we never use it fully that way - as just folding it back and showing a little bit is so pretty.



For having a lot of black and pink in her room she also has a lot of soft yellow and some green elements too, so I think for summer this quilt will do the job! I know Annie would prefer something more bold and graphic and I think for the Winter she'll need a heavier comforter and then I will still search for a Paris graphic or toile kind of spread. But for summer I guess we're going with the softer shabby chic side of French colors.



10 comments:

  1. I love those owl sheets, so cute! I like the quilt as well. It looks perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Annie liked it too - so I guess that's what really counts. Lol ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. It looks so cute! I love the quilt, and it looks like a perfect weight for Summer.
    You asked about the name game at the shower I helped with. Names of famous couples were written on cards - Romeo and Juliet, Beauty and the Beast, Rhett and Scarlett... Each person had one name taped to their back. You had to ask questions and figure out who you were, then find your "mate". It was a good icebreaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - I thought it looked just right for Summer too!

      Thx for explaining the shower game. I LOVE that idea! So perfect for a wedding shower. I'll have to remember that one.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love when spreads are reversible! It really adds to their versatility, and you picked such a cute one Carrie, and it's perfect for Spring.

    Hope you had a lovely a Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Doreen. I think it looks so perfect for the warmer season too, nice and light.

      It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and hope yours was too! xo

      Delete
  4. I love the soft colors - the sheets and quilt are so sweet! A perfect room for a young girl. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Karen! Annie likes it - so that's a good thing. ;)

      I think it will be soft & pretty to do the job for the Summer. Xo

      Delete
  5. They're both lovely, nice and summery! My girl has a thing about owls too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison!

      Yep, I think there just may be something magical about owls. ;)

      xoxo

      Delete