Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Those of you that celebrated Mother's Day - I hope it was a beautiful one yesterday. I woke up to being spoiled by breakfast in bed and beautiful pale peach roses.  Then my Crew had hockey (it never ends around here)... but after that we went out for a late lunch with my Mom and my Mother & Father-in-law for a lovely fancy buffet lunch that a local restaurant puts on for Mother's Day. It was so yummy - think champagne chicken, beef bourguignon, shaved ham, pastas, vegetables, salad bar and a 30 foot dessert table. So good!!  It's my sweet Annie's birthday today so we celebrated that with the grandparents yesterday too. We'll celebrate with my Dad & step Mom soon.  The day ended with a lovely foot massage by my daughter. Doesn't get better than that! Now back to real life and the week ahead.  I think Sandra has kind of a new layout to HHM - but I don't have time to change things up today, so maybe next time.



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Freezing! Horrible! Yuck!! It feels like the gales of November out there today. It's rainy and windy and only in the 30's!  Not a May day to say the least.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Peanut butter & honey toast, sweet cream coffee and some blueberries.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Dark and gray and rainy. It is nice to at least see lots of green. Things keep growing and trees blooming with their leaves - so that's sort of comforting. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Sitting and sipping coffee, chatting with my MIL and making out a grocery list.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Need to load the dishwasher yet, but otherwise pretty tidy. It feels nice and cozy as we've had to have the heat back on for past couple of days. There's something about feeling cozy and warm as you look out the window at a cold rainy day.  



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Doing our usual grocery run. It's a nice way to get my MIL out and about and she does well with these trips. When we try to do other things for very long she has  a difficult time focusing. Errands she relates with very well from all of her years of doing it, and she likes to help out pushing the cart and helping with the items. 



CURRENTLY READING:

Started a book by Alison Sweeney called -The Star Attraction. She played Sammy Brady on Days of Our Lives for many years. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it but I have watched that soap since I was in high school (or at least on & off). My friends all used to watch it too and even my Gram used to watch it. I think some of my Aunties still do too. Lol! I kind of fast forward watch several episodes each week. Anyway, Alison wrote these fictional books, but they're based on life behind the scenes in the tv/movie industry. Looked like fun summer reading. Her second book after Star Attraction is called - Scared Scriptless.  



ON THE TV TODAY:

I have all kinds of shows to catch up on. I finally caught up on The Voice episodes this weekend. I did watch Outlander, but I haven't watched Good Wife or Call the Midwife yet. Also, my cooking shows.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Going to make some homemade cream of chicken soup for the in-law's tonight along with some ham & cheese biscuit sandwiches with honey mustard. Since it's my daughter's birthday today I'm going to make a fun yummy dessert - I'm thinking I'll do strawberry rice krispies treats with strawberry frosting and chocolate drizzle on top! (she loves rice krispies treats & strawberry anything!) Then going to make meatloaf dinner one night since it's going to be cooler this week - it's a father in law fave, and I haven't made it in a while.  We're also having breakfast pizza on croissant crust one night too.



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Starting to put together some fun things to create a new summer decoration. This weekend I had fun putting away all of my bunnies and Spring things and getting out my summer goodies! I also finally found and ordered the garden table I wanted - so it will hopefully warm up by the time it gets here and I can get to planting. Yay!! What a fun project that will be!!



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

You know how you always have that one pesky sock that doesn't match anything anymore? Well take it and put it on your hand (like a sock puppet almost) and it can become a great dusting rag! Just spray some polish and wipe away! 



FROM THE CAMERA:

Happy birthday to my precious Annie Angel!! This is a throw back to her 4th birthday. 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Love this and thought it was sweet for my Girls' bday today! Linking with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM for happy homemaker Monday.

20 comments:

  1. I love a rainy day! We had a little rain last night but it is nice and warm today. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the rainy day so much Jen - however the cold is another matter! Lol

      It is making everything nice and green so I guess that's a good thing. Happy week to you too! xo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!! I hope that things will ease up a little in the week for you as it sounds as though you are very busy indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! She's a treasured gift from God for sure! Keeping busy keeps my out of trouble - so always a good thing. Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    I hope to see a picture of those rice crispy treats!
    Have a wonderful week...we have had beautiful weather here...but it is calling for the weather to change midweek. Always interesting! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! I sure hope the weather changes around here too!

      I put the treats on insta - so you can see the there. Might throw them on a post too, so stay tuned I guess. ;)

      Happy week!! xo

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Annie! I like the throwback picture, so cute!
    Cold and lots of rain here too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks my Mari-girl!
      Sure hope our weather improves SOON! I have flowers to plant! Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Sweet pictures! :)

    That sweet cream coffee sounds delicious!! We've had major rain & storms here lately. I'm ready for a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! So ready for sunshine here too!! Here's hoping and happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your mother's day feast sound soooo delicious. I absolutely love your inspiration. Happy Birthday Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! It was really good - you would have loved it! Happy week ahead my friend. xo

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Annie!! Hope she had a wonderful day!
    I love your tip! I'm always finding single socks and I certainly have a lot of dust so that's a perfect solution!
    I can't believe your weather!!! Hope it warms up soon.
    Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I think Annie had a nice weekend and a lovely day yesterday. Her party with her friends is coming up yet - so she's excited about that too.

      Here's hoping for some sunshine around here this week - feel free to send some of yours this way. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Still really chilly today, I swear I feel like a Popsicle!! The heat has been off, and my mom doesn’t want to turn it back on, don’t blame her…it is May, but I can’t seem to warm up. I need that Cream of Chicken Soup recipe of yours, want one that I can make myself, and haven't found a good one yet.

    So glad you had such a wonderful day, you deserve it!! Have a great week Hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie Ann - hope your day was wonderful too - and that it's warming up around there! ;)

      I will share the recipe this week my Darlin'! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day! Is Mothers Day in the U.S. always on the same day? It might sound like a stupid question, but here in the UK, the date moves, depending on when Easter falls!
    Happy Birthday to Annie, I hope she had a great day :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date here moves too. It's always the 2nd Sunday in May here.

      Thanks Hon! xoxo

      Delete
  10. What a great thought at the end there. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I'd been skipping the whole buffet just to visit the dessert table ;) It's been chilly around here as well. Hope you have a great week and that your daughter had a wonderful birthday yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me - I wanted to just go desserts all the way Jean! Lol

      Hope it warms up where you are too. Thx Hon! xoxo

      Delete