Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM

Here we are back at Monday already! It was a nice girlie weekend around here as my Boys had a hockey tourney out-of-town, but Annie had a lot of activities going on this weekend, so the Gals hung back at home. It's always nice to get some extra bonding time - and I think the Boys like their guy time too. I know my teenager enjoys his sister free weekend. Lol 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It was a yucky, and for the most part rainy, weekend. Today is not looking much better - gray and cloudy and chance of showers again and only in the 40's. The rest of the week looks much more promising - close to 60's &sun!! We can hope this is true!!


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

My MIL and I decided to have a treat on this cold rainy Monday and had McDonald's breakfast sandwich and their yummy coffee.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It makes me sleepy with all the gray we've had lately. I'm ready for some steady sunshine hopefully we'll get some this week! I see a big group of blue jays. They've been hanging around on our hill everyday for a week now. They're such a vivid blue - especially against some of our really foggy mornings. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Figuring out my grocery list, sipping coffee, petting my Ruby & chatting with my MIL.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Need to give my houseplants a drink. I need to do a few dishes, especially after I get some banana bread in the oven this AM.  I was working on getting some of the ingredients out so they're still waiting for me on the counter. Everything else still pretty tidy from the weekend.  



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Grocery run - even among the raindrops if necessary. I'm desperately low on some staples (like milk) and it's just kind of nice sticking to the weekly routine with my MIL.  And since my bananas are going bad I think I'll make some banana bread in my mini loaf pan and make several loaves to share with my Mom,  and in-laws & some neighbors. 



CURRENTLY READING:

I keep skipping all over the place! I've been reading a few cookbooks lately and I have a bunch of new magazines from all my subscriptions coming recently in the mail. I am always reading either magazines or our local newspaper each day... so I guess that's something even if it's not a book. Lol! 



ON THE TV TODAY:

I have lots of shows to catch up on: Amazing Race, Outlander, cooking shows, and old movie....I'm starting to realize I like t.v. way too much! Lol It's a good thing summer is coming as I watch a lot less then!!


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Well I think we're due for one of our regular staples, which is tacos, for one night's menu. Not sure yet what I want to do for other nights, but keeping it simple as i have a busy week. I have a Martha & Mary party to go to at a friend's house (new to me what they sell but looks like nice useful home items with spiritual inspiration to them). Then another night I have wallyball (keeping up that exercise!), and another night I have a PTA dinner to attend. Plus my crew has hockey practice several times so our nights are pretty filled up!! 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

My garden table came - yay!! I can't wait to get it put together when the weather finally cooperates. I was at a greenhouse this past weekend with Annie & my Mom and I picked out some veggie plants and got a couple of my hanging baskets.  I'm looking so forward to planting lots of pots in the near future too. Bring on my summer fun - working in the D*I*R*T!!



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new this week, however I have a really yummy snack mix recipe that we love that I may be making and will share recipe later this week if I do.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

It's along the lines of what I brought up last week about using the leftover unmatched sock for dusting. Another thing I love to do is take my hubby's or son's old worn out t-shirts and cut them up as rags for cleaning. They work so well for anything from dusting, to scrubbing up counters in the bathroom! That cotton kind of material is nice and soft so it doesn't scratch surfaces either. Then I throw the cut up rags (if they're not too soiled) in hot water to get some of the cleaner and grime off then throw the in the washing machine and wash in hot cycle. I use them again & again. It's a great way to recycle and get more use out of an old shirt.



MY PHOTO THIS WEEK & INSPIRATION ARE THE SAME:

Ruby's words of wisdom: Happiness is a brand new frisbee in a field of dandelions.  Give it a try!


Happy week ahead! I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for happy homemaker monday.



20 comments:

  1. Dandelions indeed!
    I love those McDonalds breakfast sandwiches. : )
    Have a great Monday followed by a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great week too dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  2. Cute picture!
    It's beautiful here today - warm with a nice breeze, but supposed to cool off tomorrow.
    I just finished watching The Amazing Race Saturday. I enjoyed the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was WICKED - but sun is out and it's shaping up today. Fingers crossed it sticks around. Still haven't caught up on Amazing Race but hope to tonight! ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy week ahead - it's been raining here, too, and no time to spend in the gardens. I am constantly reading magazines and newspapers, too - but I have a bookshelf of books to get to! Is there ever enough time in the day? I think Ruby's idea of happiness is spot on! Now where did I put that frisbee? :) xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that makes me feel better Karen. I'm not alone in my reading habit. Lol
      Maybe heaven is lined with bookshelves and we'll get to catch up there?
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love when some of our bananas get a bit old and we have banana cake or bread! Enjoy your shopping...I think Ruby has it right on happiness! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! That's my fave way to use old bananas, but especially sweet bread.

      Hope you have a great week. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Banana Bread sounds perfect for the type of weather you described. Hope it warms up for you soon!

    Ruby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It's a bit better today and at least the sun is out- hadn't seen it in many days.

      Ruby is my pumpkin and such a good girl! :)
      Hope you're having a great week! xo

      Delete
  6. Mmmm banana bread :) We often have darkening bananas on the counter, and if I don't have time to bake with them I throw them in the freezer and just microwave them when I need them again. Works great! You sound like a busy gal! I have no commitments in the evenings unless you count visiting the gardening store. It's been a beautiful hot long Victoria Day weekend here, and bright & sunny again this morning. Lots of gardening was accomplished, but still more clean-up to do. Pinterest has been my 'read' lately for gardening ideas. Enjoy your day!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I love my banana bread with chocolate and butterscotch chips in it - highly recommend as it's fabulous! ;)

      Oh I want your kind of commitments!! I love the gardens store...HAPPY PLACE!! And I love pinterest so much!! Feel free to check out my pins (my link in right column) - and I'll have to check out yours too.

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Lovely picture, have a nice week,


    http://louisette.eklablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisette! Happy week to you. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Noce post for this new week

    Greeting from Belgium in Mons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dandelions look so cheerful and yellow :) Sounds like you have a super busy week ahead! Hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - at least the sun is out today so it's looking better!
      happy week to you xoxo

      Delete
  10. I think reading anything is better than not reading at all! I can't wait to see the garden table and what you put in it, how exciting :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Alison! Lol Reading is reading I guess. ;)

      I'm loving my little veggie trug and can't wait to share! xoxo

      Delete