Friday, May 15, 2015

Five on Friday: Summer Flowers

I know I'm late for Five on Friday, but I figured I still join in anyway.  I wanted to share some pretty flower moments from some of my flowers last summer. It's fun to look at them and dream on my flowers for this summer!


I always have 2 big hanging baskets on the deck in the back of the house. Last year I went for these bright multi-colored petunias.




Annie & I always like to have some fairy planters around too! This one was in the front of my house, but Annie always has a few in her fairy garden too.




Last year I found this weathered cathedral looking window pane holder and filled it with Martha Washington petunias. They started out on my kitchen counter, but eventually went outside where they could get more sunshine. Love the rustic look with the pretty flowers.





I have 2 big pots like this that flank each side of the main door we use to get in & out of our house (not our front door) and it would take so much dirt to fill them so I use a little trick to make them look nice & full in an easier way. I take 2 big hanging baskets (petunias again here, but in purple) and I cut off the hangers and set them onto the rim of the pot. All done - easy peasy!





These are flowers I planted at my Mom's place last summer. Planting flowers has never been her "thing" as much as mine, but she loves looking at them and tending them. So I helped her pick out some flowers and planted them for her. She had an old book case & we thought it would be cute up against her garage filled with pots of flowers and her garden items. She also has the cutest wicker hanging basket on her garage window and I filled that with vines and different flowers and it just grew and draped more and more all summer. So pretty and she just loved it! 


Besides all the petunias you saw at my house I also like to plant begonias and impatiens in the front of my house that's more sheltered and shady. I also usually plant some geraniums and pansies in Annie's sunny garden. I like to have a fuschia basket in my wishing well too.  I'm getting excited for what I'll find and plant this year!! Happy weekend to All!


I'm linking with Amy at Love Made My Home for five on friday.  Sending you my thoughts and hugs and prayers too Amy!! 

16 comments:

  1. Wow!
    So bright and cheerful!
    Have a wonderful weekend in your neck of the woods. : )
    Nothing going on here until a soccer game Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too Billie Jo! And good luck in soccer!! (it's hockey over here this weekend) ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your petunias--and all those flowers--are gorgeous! My grandma grows petunias in her flower garden every year. Usually I stick with pansies, except for one year when I won a whole hanging pot full of petunias in a drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Bethany! I think petunias are so lovely as they're pretty hardy too and the like (& can take) a lot of sun...which we get a LOT of on our back deck. Pansies are pretty good with all that sun too - and I think they're one of the most adorable flowers.

      I would LOVE to win a basket of flowers! What a great prize! xoxo

      Delete
  3. All your flowers are so pretty! I love,love, love that cathedral window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! That window has become one of my absolute faves too!
      Happy weekend my Dear. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are amazing. I especially like the petunias. My garden soil is so poor but I will keep trying to grow things. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks! We do pretty well here because when the sun is out we're situated well to get a lot of it! Lol Keep trying and maybe some extra nutrients in the soil would help?

      Happy weekend to you! xo

      Delete
  5. Wonderful wonderful flowers. Always put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairy planters! I've never come across them before but they are so sweet. Lovely post has set me dreaming about the summer, thank you Carrie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter & I look so forward to doing her fairy planters each year. ;)
      She's very determined to see one with her own eyes one day, so she hopes the planters will draw them to her garden.

      xo

      Delete
  7. I've been hit with the gardening bug this spring, and all these flowers are beautiful!! It doesn't matter that they are last year's photos, they are still great for inspiration. So nice of you to do all those plantings for your mom ... the wicker planter is my favourite :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love "playing" in the dirt and helping out my Mom that way - it's such fun and no work at all!

      I love that wicker window basket too!! I found it in a catalog and my Mom's garage has a gingerbread looking trim to it so that window basket fit the look perfectly. I swear she has the most charming garage around! Lol xoxo

      Delete
  8. Oh they're lovely Carrie, I especially like the petunias and that's a great tip about using a hanging basket - those planters do take up a lot of compost otherwise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I can't wait to get planting!! Hopefully start more this weekend. xoxo

      Delete