Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ham & Cheese Bread

I had initially planned to share my lemon blueberry pancakes - but life has been kind of crazy this week and I haven't made them yet. Hopefully by this weekend, so please stay tuned (those of you that wanted that recipe).


Today I'm sharing something off of my pinterest that looks fabulous to me, even though I haven't ever tried it yet! It seemed like a fun recipe to share. It's for a ham & cheese pull apart kind of bread loaf.

image off of my pinterest

The recipe calls for taking an unsliced loaf of Italian bread. Cut it into slices to make about 6 "sandwiches", but don't cut all the way to the bottom - just about 3/4 down. Take 3 Tbsp of softened butter and 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard and mix together and spread onto every other slice of bread. Then take about 11 oz of thinly slice ham and 6 slices of swiss cheese (or could use cheddar & would be equally good I think) and place them in between the slices to make the 6 pull apart "sandwiches". 


Now this is a campfire recipe and it says to spray some aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap up the loaf inside and then place in hot coals of a fire until cooked and cheese melted. But I also think you could place it into a 350* oven for about 10-15 minutes to accomplish the same thing.


I think this sounds like such a yummy simple recipe and would be good in Summer to throw on a campfire and good in the Fall for football game munching and tailgating.  You can find more fun recipes like this on my pinterest which you can click on in the right hand column.





12 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds delicious doesn't it!!! I look forward to the pancakes as and when you are able to share. Hope that your day tomorrow is less busy too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I think this recipe sounds delish & look forward to trying it.

      Hope all is well Sweetie & you're looking forward to a wonderful weekend ahead. Xo

      Delete
  2. Well, it's my week to cook this coming week, so I need to be on the look out for recipes! I'll check out your Pinterest! This sounds like an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wonderful helpful Gal you! That's what I love - recipes that look easy but sound delicious.

      Have fun on kitchen duty. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. That looks really good! I have a similar recipe, that is put in the crock pot for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohhh - have you shared that one Mari? If not you'll have to, sounds yummy. ;) xo

      Delete
  4. I saw this on 'The Chew' a while back and thought it looked crazy good!

    Now you have me craving pancakes too :/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Happy to subliminally plant cravings your way. ;)

      Pancake recipe coming this weekend full of lemony blueberry goodness. ;)

      Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Yum! Looks super easy and perfect for sitting around the fire pit! Good for when you suddenly have a crowd, too! Can't wait to get the lemon blueberry pancake recipe! xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Karen. I thought so too! ;) Pancake recipe coming soon. Xo

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, it does look good and very easy to make too, that's a bonus! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't given it a try - but I"m guessing that it would be easy and yummy! ;)

      Delete