Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello and wishing you all a beautiful sunshiny Monday! It's blue skies and sunshine here....which of course makes me happy happy happy!! It's amazing how it just gives energy to my day right out of gate! And I'm using lots of exclamation points today - so I must be ready to start this week! Lol!!



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

 Sunny and lovely and supposed to be in the 60's most of the week. Some rain forecasted for the middle of the week, but we still need it too.


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Honey nut chex cereal with strawberries I cut up on top and some iced vanilla coffee.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sun is streaming in a bright hello and wishing me a happy good morning. I can see robins out on the hill. It rained a bit yesterday and whenever we've had rain the robins especially love our hill to go worm digging. 


RIGHT NOW I AM:

Talking to my daughter about her upcoming week and stopping my post here and there to go help her get things ready for school soon. Also, starting my grocery list and looking at my calendar for the week. Another pretty busy one. Whether it be one of my kiddo's sports, appointments, meetings for school (I'm on PTA), or the wallyball I play with my girl friends - there is something pretty much every day.


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

The usual suspects.  A few dishes, but I'll wait until they build up more to load in dishwasher. Never ending laundry. Lol And a few extra jobs, but nothing major. 



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Groceries, errands and I think I'll take my MIL out to lunch today. We can play on the back deck with Ruby later or go for a walk. Those are all a lot of her favorite things. 



CURRENTLY READING:

I've been looking at a couple different books I want to read next - so stay tuned yet I guess. But lately my daughter and I have been reading her "Whatever After" fairytale chapter books out loud and they are SO fun (& funny).  



ON THE TV TODAY:

I was able to watch Call the Midwife and Outlander this weekend. I didn't get to The Good Wife yet or Game of Thrones.  I also have some cooking shows to catch up on - I tape the Pioneer Woman, Trisha's Southern Kitchen, and Farmhouse Rules.



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Thinking I'll do something easy for dinner tonight. I have leftover frozen meatballs that I bought for the sweet & sour meatballs and I always have some kind of pasta sauce in the pantry and some kind of pasta. So think I'll throw the meatballs and sauce in the crockpot and do penne pasta & meatballs with garlic toast and green beans for dinner. Going to grill some kind of meat for the in-law's one night and make a pasta salad side dish, melon, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans...just good BBQ food. And for dessert that night going to make blueberry hand pies. Also, finally going to make lemon blueberry pancakes for dinner this week for my daughter and that will be a dinner for the in-laws too along with breakfast potatoes and fruit and sausage.



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Helping my daughter with a project she's working on for her teacher for teacher appreciation week - and more of my scrapbooking (of course).



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new - all things I've made in the past.  But I plan to post my lemon blueberry pancakes recipe sometime this week.



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I often like to fill the kitchen sink with hot soapy water when I go in to cook or do other jobs. That way I can throw dishes in to soak as I go, and there's hot soapy water there for me when I need to clean up a spill or other quick mess - or to pre wash dishes a bit before they go in the dishwasher.



FROM THE CAMERA:

The dock is in - yippeee!! Now we need to get the boat out of storage and get ready to set sail! (actually it's a speed boat - Lol).




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

so simple - but so true!

I'm linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




17 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that last quote - do cupcakes count? I love the idea of filling the sink with hot soapy water. Your 'stairway to heaven' is wonderful! How fun to have the boat right there! Sounds like a busy week, but it is always so much better when you have a little sunshine. xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only cupcakes did count Karen! I'd be the healthiest Gal around ::sigh::. Lol

      Enjoying my stairway to heaven each day in our lovely weather - good exercise so I can eat those cupcakes! ;)

      It's so nice once we have the boat - we go for Sunday boating excursions instead of a Sunday drive. It's dreamy.

      the sunshine makes everything better that's for sure!! Happy week.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. The dock looks wonderful! Enjoy boating and the lovely weather! Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Can't wait to get the boat - won't be long now!! Happy week ahead to you.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love your tip! I hate wasting time and energy scrubbing dried on food off dishes!
    I think my boys would like your wormy hill as much as those robins!
    Glad you are having such nice weather - we are too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Would love it if you were close and the boys could go play with the robins, worms & Ruby and we could sip iced tea (while I loved up that brand new bundle of joy!! ) ;)

      Happy week ahead with your lovely weather too. xo

      Delete
  4. We had rain early this morning, and then a beautiful day. It's so good to see the dock in - I'm sure that's a happy day for your family. Your supper sounded fabulous!
    I use your tip too - works great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the rain - so it's always welcome, as long as it's followed by sunshine. ;0)

      Happy week to you HOn! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love that quote. So true! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I were just a little better about abiding by it Heather! Lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hello!
    And happy Monday...evening now!
    I love the sink full of hot soapy water...
    Same thing here. : )
    Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike my Friend! ;)

      Happy week to you too. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I've never watched Farmhouse Rules, but then I don't have dish or cable at the moment. I think it's something I would enjoy though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it Sandra!! Nancy Fuller lives on a farm in upstate New York & was a former chef & caterer. She's just a hoot & cooks wonderful recipe handed down kinds of dishes & lives in an old historical farm house from like the 18th century.

      Delete
  8. Love your inspirational and homemaking tip too, but I REALLY love your dock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - thanks Tamy! Still haven't gotten our boat out yet, needs to get serviced first. Looking forward to getting out on the water in the near future though! ;)

      Delete
  9. Boating on a Sunday afternoon sounds great fun! Good tip about the soapy water in the sink:-) xx

    ReplyDelete