Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Summer Layout

Just a quick drop in hello today. I was busy with an appointment this morning and soon headed off for another one. 



But I thought I would show you a fun summer layout from a few years back that I did - Spring has been so enjoyable it's already getting me into the mood for Summer!! 


I think this layout is fun in it's joyful capturing of just some fun summer moments. It wasn't about a summer holiday or major event. It was just some precious memory moments I captured and wanted to preserve.



Can you see how she was my drama girl in the making even then? Lol We were coloring with chalk in the driveway and Annie got some on her nose. She was hamming it up and making all of these faces about it and I was able to capture them. So when I developed the photos I blew them up bigger to close up on her face, thinking of how cute it would be in a scrapbook layout.




I love how summery the papers and colors are that I used. I had to capture a moment by the fire roasting a marshmallow as that's what summer is all about, right?? And a sweet moment with my MIL & my Girl. I threw in some shots of Annie's summer garden too.



I used 2 different kinds of complimenting paper on each page and divided each side with a pretty curly cue sticker border. I framed several of the photos in the summery lime green card stock too.  Felix the frog is looking so dapper as he hangs out with the fairies, don't you think?


Hope you enjoyed another peek into one of my scrapbooks and sending you warm thoughts of all the fair weather days to come!! xo






8 comments:

  1. Such cute pages that really do reflect summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out wonderful! Scrapbooking is on my list to do this week...along with a million other things, lol. But I truly do need to make the time, I miss it! Just going over the pictures and the memories is some of my favorite parts. Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my absolute favorite form of "me" time Jill. Yes you do need to make some time for yourself soon! :)

      I completely agree that one of the best parts is going down memory lane when organizing and looking through all of the photos. It's not only a fun hobby,but so special as all those wonderful memories are then preserved.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the blown up photos of her chalky nose! Isn't it funny how personality traits pop up so young? My little sister has always been the ham of the family - must be a youngest thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yep, must be a younger thing Laura. I only have a little brother and I would say he was much more dramatic than I was too. ;)

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Those pages do indeed look very summery! Fingers crossed that you'll have some lovely sunny days to feature in this year's scrapbook!
    You know, I think we are both rather obsessed with weather, aren't we! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison - and that's too funny but so true! We are obsessed with weather! Lol

      I think I grew up with that mentality as that's how it is with a lot of folks that live where I do. Our weather can change drastically in one day and we get a lot of severe weather. Also, it seems we only get a small amount of really nice days each year...so all of this leads to being a little neurotic about weather watching!! ;)

      xoxo

      Delete