Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Paris - Ooh La La

I find it really sweet that my 8 year old daughter is in love with France. She keeps telling me she's going to go to school in Paris one day. Isn't it wonderful to be only 8 and already have grand plans for yourself? ((doing a motherly "all knowing" smile right now))  It'll be interesting to see where life really leads her (maybe Paris - who knows?) - as long as she's happy.


Well last year we kind of "upgraded" her bedroom furniture and look to a big girl room and she picked a Paris theme. Here are some photos that I took last year after it was complete:

As you can see those are Easter egg "clingys" in her window and look at that mound of snow in her garden! Again - last winter was trauma!! Lol You can also see the Paris print above her desk and she has some little eiffel tower doo dads on her desk too.



I didn't find a bedspread I was in love with - but this one fit her color scheme which she wanted pink, black & white. More Paris fun on her walls too.



She has some pretty soft colored stained glass lamps that were in her room when it was still a fairy garden theme, before the paris transformation. The other one is on a dresser not pictured.



And what Parisian room would be complete without a chandelier? 



Some other fun accents included these trunks I found (I think at Hobby Lobby).



Well she recently got a stain on her bedspread and it is time to change to something different, but I can't decide what to go with in here?

MAX STUDIO SHABBY FRENCH 3pc QueenQuilt SET FLORAL TOILE Black White Stripe CHIC
image from ebay

I love the idea of a black and white toile one (I love toile!!), but then I think it might be a bit too formal for the style of her room?


image: homeaccessoriesanddecor.com

Or maybe I should go with something more graphic? And maybe go just black and white this time with no pink?



Designer Paris Eiffel Tower Bedding Twin Queen King Duvet Cover Bed Set
image: kids room treasures

Or maybe I need to scream the theme "Paris" even more? Lol She'd actually probably like that but I think it'd be a bit much for me.


Limited Edition PARIS Bedding Collection - Bedspread Set, Sheet Set and Window Panels (FULL/QUEEN)
image: amazon

Maybe something more young girl "paris" wouldn't be as bad?  Or maybe I should try to find something similar to last time with floral in it and in her colors?  Anyway, throwing this all out there to see what you folks think about it. What do you think would look nice in there? Open to all other suggestions too! 


On a side note to Carrie from Anniehow blog I needed to share this photo with you:

Yep, woke up this AM to snow on my deck furniture! Lol Hope that helps you feel better. It wasn't inches, but we got some too. 






16 comments:

  1. Ooo I can't decide on the toile, but I like the grahic one with more white. However, since she is eight, she might like the kid one better. If you knew that the theme would go until she is 18, then get both, one for now and one for later. :-) Love the chandelier! Think bicyclette! I found a cloth storage basket with a picture of a bicycle. Remember, La Vie est belle!
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thoughts on my bedspread dilemma Margot!! I'll question Annie some more & let her have more input on what she wants.

      And love how you think & I agree that la vie est belle! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love toile too! The first one is my favorite but they are all pretty. What a fun bedroom and that huge window is so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's so hard to decide!

      Annie does have a great spot for her room too as her window looks out at her own little garden & past that to the bay. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh la la for sure! I love that she has this desire to go to Paris! Most women do, just not that young ;).

    Beautiful chandy Carrie, and the rest of the space ain't too shabby either. Get both bedspreads lol.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe it's her French name that inspired her? 'Anne Bachand' Lol Our last name is pretty french, pronounced Bu-shon (short o sound) in french. Here it's pronounced Bu-shond (still short o sound). I have been fortunate to go to Europe in the past and have been to France and Annie loved looking through my scrapbooks and photos and hearing the stories - so I probably helped nurture her obsession. And if she does go to school there one day I will be very happy to get the excuse to visit again!

      I am tempted to get a couple of spreads, but I'm also afraid she'll change her mind and want something else in a year or 2. Annie & I will have to do more exploring together and see what her input is more seriously...however Mama is final choice! ;)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful room! I love that she has grand plans! Love the bedspread that says 'Paris' with the fucsia and turquoise hints! (Girly but will grow with her!).....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - I agree that one is adorable and she does like it, but we still can't decide for sure and continue to debate back and forth. We're such "girl" about it all. Lol!

      Will be interesting to see which one "wins". ;)

      Delete
  5. It is a very lovely room! You have a real talent for decorating your home! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Amy! I love playing around with decorating a little too much as my hubby likes to point out on the credit card bill. Lol ;)

      Delete
  6. Ooh la la indeed! I love toile too. If you gave Annie free rein, what would she choose? On things like this, I let my kids decide (within reason!) what they have in their rooms.
    It looks like she has a pretty good eye though, very sophisticated!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!
      I have shown her some ideas but I haven't been able to pin her seriously down to something, so will need to explore that some more. She likes the more young girlie one (with the pink) and she likes the big eiffel tower one, but I like the toile too. We go around and around. Will have to see which one we can finally compromise on, and may end up with a whole different one! Lol

      Delete
  7. I LOVE her room!!!!!
    Oh my!
    I am no help....I adore them all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! You're so funny and too much like me about them!! ;)
      Thanks Billie Jo!
      Happy weekend to you. xo

      Delete
  8. :) You know that pic made me smile!! We got another dusting of snow this morning, but it is already melted. I think I’m good now for the snow to go away…ready for spring!!

    LOVE her room!! I especially like the vintage Paris themed bedspread with the tower and the stamp on it…gorgeous!! I also like the graphic design with the white background. With that one you could use different color accents and switch it up that way with pillows and throws. It’s so hard to decide on things like this, since us girls like to change our minds so much, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See - snow won't stay long now! It's really almost here!!

      I completely agree on difficult to decide. Annie & I just keep going back & forth. Lol

      Delete