Friday, January 23, 2015

Chest Cold S.O.S.

 

Well I initially had a whole different plan for my post today, that would have explained my absence from HHM last Monday.  But it would have been a more involved post and required more effort and time and I'm just not up for it today as I've gone and caught a bad cold bug! Ugh!

Actually, my son has been sick for days and I put up the good fight, but being home with him for these sick days must have been too much exposure and now I've got it. It's a horrible chest cold with LOTS of exhausting coughing.  So I'm sending out an S.O.S. to see what you do for a bad cold?  - tips, advice, secret cures- I'm open to it all so please feel free to share! In the mean time here's what I'm doing:

Drinking lots of hot tea (& water & juice & lots of liquids in general)


Sucking on lots of cough drops to let my chest get some rest from all the coughing.

 
 

Spraying lots of this around to try to kill all the cold germs, as well as wiping down all my tables and counter top surfaces with anti-bacterial wipes. Die bugs Die!!!

 

And getting in lots of snuggle and rest time with a favorite blankie and my sweet Girl.

Thank goodness nurse Ruby is on the job!

I'm also eating lots of chicken soup and taking my vitamins.  I don't have the patience for no energy and feeling so lousy so please share any magic cures out there....

 
 
 
 



 


10 comments:

  1. How horrid for you. I hope that all is better again very very soon. Hot water with lemon juice and honey dissolved in is wonderful and I have heard that adding fresh ginger is good too. Take care and I really hope that it is gone very soon. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for great tips Amy - looks like it's the flu. I've battled fever, chills, body aches etc. Giving my self lots of rest and lots of fluids. Thanks for the kind wishes, they really help! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh you, I'm so sorry you're ill.....a friend posted this recipe a while ago....it's basically exactly the same as my Gran and Grandad used to make (but they used to add thyme not the cayenne pepper)....I recommend it....it *will* make you feel better [http://hollandsreverie.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-best-cold-remedy-around.html].....hoping you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen - I'm definitely keeping this!! Turns out I'm battling the flu - blah!! Fevers, aches etc. Not fun but I'm being a good girl with lots of rest. Stay well and thanks for the kind wishes dear Gal. xo

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have it covered. My hubby also had a cold with a nasty cough that took far too long to go away. It's been a bad year!
    I saved the cold remedy from the comment above. It's worth trying, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of the fact that I didn't even have one cold this season. My family had colds back in the Fall and I stayed healthy. Now it looks like I've got the flu. Last night fever and chills. Today body aches. Ugh! Hope you all stay well over there now and I'll make sure I get lots of rest and kick this quick over here. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a good strategy for fighting the cold. I don't like suffering at all, so I like to keep a good stash of cough drops handy to numb my throat, so I don't feel the pain.

    Chicken soup is always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Gal! Practically bought stock in chicken soup (Lol). Slowly improving. Be Well! XO

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling better!! One thing for a bad cough is putting a thick layer of Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet, and cover with socks, so it doesn't get all over the place :). Yes it feels creepy but it works. My daughter was hesitant to try it, but she was coughing so bad and couldn't sleep that she gave in, and it really works, I have tried it too. Don't know why it works, but it does. Rest is the best thing, I know how hard it is to do, but embrace it :). Feel better!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that one before (about the Vicks) - but never tried it. Guess there's something to it!

      Trying really hard to be restful as with this bug I do feel that's the key to getting better. Hope you're staying warm & well where you are Hon! xoxo

      Delete