Friday, January 2, 2015

Here's to the New Year!

HAPPY 2015!
 

Well I hope the new year is already started in wonderful ways for you all.  I personally can't wait to see what this brand new year will have in store for me.

 

However, I also think this year will be whatever I make of it so I have some plans, goals, resolutions...whichever you would like to call them but I hope to be focused in these areas to the best of my abilities.

FAMILY

 
 


These treasures are the reason I believe I'm on this planet. They're my heart and soul. I go into each year praying that I'm a better wife and mother and will be present with my family in the moment. That I will devote my time to them and my extended family as well and make sure they know how much they mean to me.

 

HEALTH AND EXERCISE

I'm like just about everyone else in that I go into each year wanting to CHOOSE to be healthier. To make the right decisions about nutrition and exercise in order to be stronger, healthy, and more fit. I long ago made it less about weight loss/diet as I think that's just a way to sabotage yourself. I made it about a true focus on overall health. Making it positive and not negative. I also think of meditation and prayer as part of my overall "health plan" and like to start with that before exercise.

I have a fitbit that I'm sorry to say I kind of abandoned over the holiday season. It's back on my wrist today and I plan to get back on track in this area. If you don't have a fitbit or know what one is you can read about it here. It has worked very well in the past as being a motivator for me to get my miles in each day. I also play wallyball (volleyball in a racquetball court) with a group of gals every other week for 2 hours. It's very fast paced as you can use the walls for the ball to bounce off of - and it's lots of fun! Volleyball in general has always been a favorite sport of mine. I also love golf and hope to do more of it this summer. Maybe join a women's league. 

 

SCRAPBOOKING

 

This goes without saying. It's something I love to do, but I have several projects I really hope to accomplish this year. One of them is a heritage album about my Mom's side of the family. This is the title page and the only one completed so far. However, all the hard work is done in that my Mom and I went through TONS of old photos and organized them chronologically already so that has really motivated me to get to the next fun steps - scrappin'! We're also giving a shout out to family members to send me a favorite memory or story I can include in the album. It'll then be a keepsake for all and we can bring it to family reunions and all share together.

 

READING

I love to read but have not dedicated the time to it that I should. I have a ton of books saved up on my ipad and hope to at least read 1 book a month (if not more) as that would be a huge accomplishment over how many books I read this last year. I just think it's so good for the mind and soul....so I need to put the remote down more often and read instead. Would love any suggestions of any favorite books you've read lately!

 

BLOGGING

And last but definitely not least - is this new love I've found in blogging. I feel like I'm gaining a whole new lovely and supportive family. I hope I can dedicate the time to you through this site and through visiting with you at yours on a regular basis. I really wanted a new and different challenge for myself and I'm happy to say that choosing to blog has been a big success in my book and filling up another part of my mind and heart.  So cheers to you all and the year ahead!

 
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions. Especially the blogging ;)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I'm looking forward to lots of blogging fun in 2015! May this year bring you all good things too dear Gal! xo

      Delete
  2. Those are all good resolutions! I try the losing weight/get healthy every year, but I lose, then gain it.
    I did a heritage scrapbook for my side of the family. I worked on one for Bob's side, but his mom was working on getting pictures and never did. I should start again and figure more pictures aren't coming. You'll have fun now that the legwork is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Mari - it seems to be the same 8-10 lbs back and forth every year here too. Frustrating but I'm really going to focus on positives now!

      Yes, don't give up!! Work on that album for Bob's family. It'll be a precious treasure for all the grand babies one day. ;)

      xo

      Delete
  3. What precious family photos, Carrie - just adorable! I love all of your thoughts on the New Year! I am so with you on not worrying so much about weight, but just trying to live and eat healthy. I think it can become an obsession and spoil the fun in life to be so focused on being on a 'diet'. I have heard of those bracelets and I can see how they can be a very good motivator. I have a pedometer that I just bought - that reminds me - I have to find it. In all the holiday bustle I forgot where I put it! Love the first page of your heritage album. What a lovely idea to have family members send a memory along....Oh, how I wish I did that when my parents were here - that is going to be a wonderful treasure for your children someday. I found out that I am going to be a grandmother of a little boy over the holidays....I can't announce it yet - I have to wait for my son to make his announcements first. I need to start crocheting boy things! Wishing you a wonderful start to the New Year, my new friend! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why a silly little bracelet motivates me - but it does I won't question it! Lol Something with my brain that when I'm close to making all the bars light up for the day - I will put in the extra time to make SURE they light up. But yes my key words this year are "health" and "positivity" . ;)

      And oh Karen - ((squeal!!!)) A Boy!!! How incredibly exciting. I bet the Mr. is proud as can be and can't wait to be "Grandpa"? "Papa"? and teach the little guy a thing or 2. Not to mention being doted on by You like crazy. I can't wait to see the precious baby goodies you'll create for him. My Mom always says there's just something so special, and just on a different level, with grandparent love. My heart just swells with happiness for you all.

      I hope there will be many more fun baby goodies to be made through the years ahead. I have a feeling that you folks will be the best grandparents around. xoxo

      Delete
  4. They are wonderful goals and plans for the year ahead and I hope that you have great fun achieving them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with your resolutions, Carrie! Lovely family photos there :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...Thx so much Alison! Hope this year excites you with its shiny new page as well. xo

      Delete
  6. Good solid resolutions! Happy to be a member of your growing blog family xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you are part of my family too; my dear poetic friend! I wish I could write as freely as you do - so beautiful with your thoughts.
      The talents of my new growing family continue to amaze and delight me. Ready to see what further goodness 2015 will bring! xo

      Delete