Saturday, January 3, 2015

Scrapbook Necklace

I really need to catch up on my various family scrapbooks - but I keep getting sidetracked by fun little projects. I know I should spend my scrapping time doing something like getting my kiddos' school years caught up, but the creative muse speaks to me in another area and I just have to answer the call!

Here's the latest project that took hold and I thought I'd share with you.

This is a little necklace medallion I made with scrapbooking materials I already had around.  I still need to find a lovely antique looking chain to thread through the loop so it can be worn as the dainty accessory it's meant to be. But I didn't stop there....

 

I then decided to add a card to go with the necklace. I think I must have been  inspired by upcoming Valentine's day - but I like the vintage nature of the overall look. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the necklace. When I made it I think I was planning it as a gift for someone (why I made the card too), but I may save it for the future Etsy store I think about creating as well. 

Of course every card needs a sweet little envelope too.

 
 

So this scrapbook related craft project is what I'm sharing for Scrapality's Scraptastic Saturday Linky party

Happy weekend and Happy Crafting to All!

 
 
 
 
 



14 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful!! I am sure that anyone would love to buy and/or receive them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy. That's sweet of you. I hope to one day learn the art of yarn as I'm always so impressed with folks like you & what you create! ;)

      Delete
  2. Both the card and necklace are beautiful! I've dabbled in a little jewellery making myself - for pendants sometimes I like to use a double strand of coloured cotton cord and some fine gauzy ribbon as an alternative to a chain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh - I know exactly what you're talking about Alison - and I love that look as well! Great idea. ;)

      Delete
  3. So pretty and creative! Love the choice of patterns and colors, too! The little heart on the envelope is very special. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - the creative juices are flowing (at least for now), so I'm following where they're leading. Lol Sometimes I just NEED that creative outlet....and I have a feeling you know exactly what I mean. xo

      Delete
  4. They are both so very pretty Carrie, and I love the colors you've chosen. There is something about scrapbook supplies that I love. I am like a kid in a candy store sometimes because everything looks so darn cute! Years ago I went crazy in the scrapbook dept. at michaels but never really did much with my loot. It's one of those 'someday' projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all TOO WELL exactly what you mean Doreen! I find it difficult to restrain myself when I'm in a store looking at all those goodies and I just want everything!!

      Well goodness knows you create my dear Doreen - I've seen your many impressive projects already! But if you do get into the paper craft world (where I am just most at home) I would LOVE to see what things you'd come up with and you'd have to share with me. ;) xo

      Delete
  5. The necklace is lovely, as is the card. You know, I'd never thought about making jewellery from scrapbook supplies....and I saw a post on Alisa Burke's blog the other day about making beads from paper. As I'm clearing out my scrapping supplies tonight, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for 'jewellery suitable' papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon. Oooohhh - love that paper beading idea Helen! If you work on something you must share!!
      Paper crafting is just my world all together, however I did have a book on jewelry making that I read up in the past and was another hobby I day dreamed upon. But paper crafts and scrapbook truly have my heart and I'm guessing there it will stay. Lol

      Delete
  6. Is there really a such thing as being "caught up" when you're referring to scrapbooking? I'm never going to catch up. LOL Your card is beautiful. Thanks for linking up for Scraptastic Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there's never really a catch up Andrea...yet I always HOPE. Lol!!
      Thanks so much and for hosting on Saturdays. I just love it!
      xoxo

      Delete