Saturday, January 17, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday: Personalized Cookbook

Here it is! The big project that I'm working on and I'm so excited about it!! I found this scrapbook kit (an 8x8 album + pages kit) that allows you to put together a personalized cookbook.  I started looking through the kit and there's the cutest recipe cards, pages, stickers and embellishments that all go together to make a cohesive album.

Well I thought it would be a great opportunity to start writing down some of my most treasured and often used recipes for my daughter Annie. She already shows some interest in cooking and loves to help me in the kitchen...especially when I bake. I thought this would be a wonderful keepsake that I will give her one day when she goes off to college or wants it for her own home.

I think even the cover is adorable and it has a lot of recipe cards and papers in the same colors and with that same flower.

 

First of all, of course, I needed to personalize it just to her on the front cover.

 

I  thought you might find it amusing that the first recipe I put down was the prized sugared pecans I shared with you all at Christmas time.  A treasured recipe for sure! I hate my handwriting but I know that's one of the most important parts of this book. That it's truly personalized by me.  As I'm going through recipes I'm going to see if I have any with my Grandma's handwriting (Annie's namesake) and even my mom-in-law in the past when she would cook (before her dementia), so I can put those in here too with their handwriting. I'll have my Mom write one or 2 up for this book too.  Extra special!!

 

Here's a close up of a few of the cute embellishments:

 

 This is truly one of my favorite scrapbook projects yet! It's been so fun going through recipes and I have lots more I want to look through. I also have my other Grandma's old recipe box and I haven't even looked in that one yet.  I'm hoping there will be a gem or 2 to share in there as well.  I want to take my time and complete this extra special album really well, so it will hopefully be well loved and used for years to come by my precious Girl.

 
 



13 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to work on, and I think it will be a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having such fun working on it! I hope one day she'll find it as special as I do. I think these kinds of things we pass on to our kiddos can end up being treasures to pass on for generations. Xo

      Delete
  2. What a sweet idea! I love this and I want to thank you for popping in to see me and your kind words.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Sweetie. And truly praying for your heart as it heals during this hard time. XO

      Delete
  3. This is a *really beautiful* project that you've decided to do. I can imagine your daughter will treasure it. Beautiful. It has made me so happy to see you doing this [life is slightly less hectic now and I've added you to my bloglovin feed so I'll be a better visitor again nowadays!]. Could you let me know what company the album is from/where you purchased it? I've been looking for one for a while....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Helen. I'm enjoying the process of putting it together so much. I got the book and kit through creative memories company - but it was a long time ago & I know a lot has changed with them, so I don't know that they'll have it anymore?
      So nice to hear from you & stop by anytime dear Gal. XO

      Delete
    2. Love this idea; and love the album, too! I put together recipe books for my girls a few years ago, but used 5 x 6 (I think, maybe a little bigger?!) heavy cardstock. I have an 8 x 8 book that was used for a recipen exchange, but haven't added any recipes yet...so many projects! I want to add to that book now!

      Love the way it's all cohesive with the embellishments, etc. Thanks for sharing, Carrie!!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful project and it will hold some wonderful memories too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once I finish it I'll be enjoying it for a while before I "pass the torch" to my Girl. Lol

      Delete
  5. I love this scrapbook. It looks like a Creative Memories album from the spine hinges. Where did you find it? I bought binder-style cookbooks for myself and my daughter this Christmas. She wants to make sure she has some of my recipes when she gets a place of her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Creative Memories Pamela. But I got it years ago & have saved it and just started working on it. I don't think they have this kit anymore, but not sure. I know their company has changed a bit.

      Delete
  6. I've told all three of my girls that I would make a cookbook of all the dishes I have made while their growing up so they will have them forever. It's something on my to do list that's about a mile long.
    I love the design it's cute. I'm not a fan of my handwriting either, but It's more personable. A little something from Mom. Thanks for linking up this week to Scraptastic Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sure hope you plan to make one beautiful book that you can make copies of and not 3 individual books! It would make life easier. And all in good time I'm sure dear Gal - you've definitely had enough on your plate lately. I continue to pray that all is going well in the healing department (& for your energy and strength!) You're an amazing Gal!! xo

      Delete