Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weigh in Wednesday: Water

Well it's only a few weeks into our new year and how are you holding up with your resolutions or goals for yourself so far? Are you still faithfully working on them in some way every day? Noticing changes in yourself or your habits? Or are those resolutions already not even on your radar anymore?

Well I was thinking about the goals I've set for myself and I thought that since Wednesday is the day I weigh myself each week (try to only do it 1x a week and not obsess)....as well as just a good point each week to "check in" - I would make Wednesday's my WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY .  It's a good way to keep myself accountable as well as to share tips or advice on what is working for me or what isn't.  So it would include things like: getting healthy goals, my reading goals, scrapbooking and blogging goals etc. It would be a great way to get feedback too, as I love hearing what you have to share and all of your good advice and tips too!  I just thought I'd give it a try for awhile and see what all of you think of it, or if you're interested to share too.

Today water is my weigh in topic. One of my big goals was getting healthier (exercising more, eating healthier etc). A big part of this to me is drinking a lot more water! I always struggle with this part as water is boring and difficult to make myself drink often. It's also just not as yummy with certain foods too. I decided to purchase one of these:

It's a fruit infuser water bottle.

I'm hoping that it will help me up my water ounces each day.  I also ordered a couple of books with different "recipe" ideas of what to put in here to make it more interesting. It looks like there's even suggestions for tea to go in with the fruit! By putting the fruit (or even veggies) into that little basket the flavors infuse into the water and give you flavor and even some vitamins and health benefits and is nice and all natural of course.

I'll keep you posted and let you know if it works well and makes a difference! Do you have any water tricks that help you?  How are your resolutions going? (if you're still sticking to them) Lol

 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely recommend the (homemade) flavoured water route to getting you drinking more water....I love them! (I find water so boring to drink sometimes, as you say, although other times all I want is a glass of plain, cold, water).....hoping you like some of the recipes you've found! A lovely one with tea is a red fruit tea bag with strawberries, apple and orange (delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Helen. If I'm really thirsty (& it's hot like summer time) only good plain COLD water will do. That flavor combo you mentioned though sounds wonderful!! I'm definitely going to try that one!

      Delete
    2. A friend at work has one of those bottles and she says it really helps her drink more. I tend to just like plain ice water and I do drink a lot at work, but maybe I need to try the fruit infused water when I am home. Hope you enjoy that cup!

      Delete
    3. I think it's something we all need to drink more often, but I do remember being better about it when I worked outside the home. I think because I was often more in spot and it was there as a reminder.
      HOpe this bottle will do the trick at home though! I'll keep ya posted. xo

      Delete
  2. Drinking water is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing we can do for our bodies! My only issue is for every 8 ounces I drink, I have to pee about three times! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I resemble this remark!! Lol ;)

      Delete
  3. I have been trying to drink more water too. I try to keep two bottles of water in the fridge, along with a large glass, so I can just drink it throughout the day, I've been doing pretty good. I like to also slice cucumber in water, it is very refreshing, especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh - I forget about cucumber water. Just like at the spa. Yummy!!

      Delete
  4. I am rubbish at drinking enough water these days, I think it is because it is winter, I am much better in the summer. This is a great idea to try, anything that helps and encourages you has to be good and you can have fun trying different combinations and then you can munch on the healthy fruit and veggies once they have done their infusing! Good luck with your goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Amy - girl! I pray that it will be the ticket to helping me be much better with the whole water thing. I'll keep you posted! xoxo

      Delete
  5. That’s true; drinking water is often taken for granted. There are a lot of reasons that may lead to such a conclusion, but the bottomline is that some people aren't getting enough water in their system. That is particularly alarming, as we need water for a lot of our body functions, that sodas and coffees may not be enough for it. So drinking the appropriate amount of water should be a must-do for everyone. Particularly to those who want to lose weight and build up some muscle, because it keeps the body hydrated and helps the muscle in performing physical labor more efficiently.

    Judith Harvey @ AquaPerfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Ms.Harvey! Thank you for your input. ;)

      Delete