Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Scrapbook Necklace Part 2

I was busy using up some more of my scraps the other day and completed another necklace and card that I thought I would share with you today. I have started a new project that I'm SO excited about and I can't wait to share with you soon! So I'll take a break from my scraps for a while now and I'm going to focus on the new project (as well as my own family album catch up). Also, I'll be going to a scrapbook retreat day soon with my Mom and we're going to work on her heritage album - so lots of scrapping fun continuing in this lovely frosty month of January!!

Now on to the project I'm sharing today:

This necklace was made on a round metal necklace form I had and I used some old scrapbook paper, some cording around the edge and a pom pom. Unlike the more traditional soft romantic one I made prior, this one has brighter colors and a more modern feel to it.

 

I used another paper from the same collection for the card and more of the cording and pom poms. Just another fun side project like the one I had done prior.  Here are a few photos of the other one just for comparison:


Quite a difference in the look and "feel" of each them, huh? It's so fun to use up my old scraps in a different way and see whatever creative style moves me at the time. I've definitely been having fun working on them and love sharing them with you!

I'm sharing this project for Tweak it Tuesday

 
 



9 comments:

  1. It is so nice that you make use of everything that you have! A great way to use a little of something to make a lot of something else nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy - that's exactly how I like to look at it. I always try to use a lot of the scraps in my actual scrapbooking too. If there's smaller bits I don't throw them away, but save them to use for a scrapbook layout or projects like this. Waste not want not, right? Lol

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I absolutely LOVE these. I've never made any jewellery, I wouldn't know where to start. Are there any websites etc you can recommend ?
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks Jill! Glad you like them. Actually I'm a complete novice myself. I do have a book on jewelry making as it was a hobby I thought about getting into once - but it was the more technical aspect using true jewelry kind of pliers and tools.

      I sort of figured these all my own based on what I found at the craft store. I had bought the necklace medallions a while back (again thinking of getting into jewelry) And there they sat. Then I had the idea to some how use my scrapbook scraps to make some jewelry. Back at the craft store I found some good jewelry adhesive (glue for jewelry) to glue my paper to the metal. Then fabric glue to glue fabric kind of pieces to my scrapbook paper and then I just went from there to make some kind of creation. I liked the idea that I could make a card to match too.

      My guess is that you could look on youtube and there may be some videos on there about jewelry making, though I'm not sure how many on "scrapbook jewelry making" Lol

      Delete
    2. Wow, I'm even more impressed then!
      Jillxo

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - been having a lot of fun being creative lately! We'll see how long the bug lasts. Lol xo

      Delete
  4. Love your creations, Carrie. And the scrapbook retreat sounds wonderful! Have fun (I know you will.)

    Thanks so much for stopping by. Loved that you visited. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much Susan. I had such fun working on them. I can't wait to get to work at the retreat! It's such a fun way to get a lot accomplished.

      So glad you stopped by too sweet Lady. Xoxo

      Delete